Penguin: BBC Contest #65 Entry

xccj

bbc-65-penguin.jpgHey, look, it's another bird entry for the BBC Contest #65, Y'know, the one that's all about birds to fit with BrickFair's flying theme this year. Yeah, well I didn't quite get the flying part down: instead, have a penguin. Cause everybody likes penguins!penguin-1.jpg_thumb.jpgpenguin-2.jpg_thumb.jpgpenguin-3.jpg_thumb.jpgpenguin-4.jpg_thumb.jpgBrickshelf (When Public)(4th image shows the interior)Background: Well, I wanted a nice, long roundish shape, and while I knew I could get it somewhat with plates and things, I didn't really have a good idea how to do it with the Bionicle elements I own. But I have a ton of Hero Factory stuff, so I decided to try and use the various ball joint elements to make it more roundish. I basically used every single black armor piece that I had, but in the end it all fit on nicely. Overall, it's a Hero Factory shell built around a technic frame in the center. I even added some of the big wheels to the interior to add some bulk. Overall, I like how it turned out. The head is a little small proportionally, but I didn't have any better pieces to use, so that's that. And it also maybe turned out a bit too big... it'll be costly to send to BrickFair if it makes the finals. (But I rarely do well in BBC Contests, so I'm not too worried. Either way, I'll be sending in my Kahu bird from last year to join the display.)So, comments and stuff like that. Woo! Thanks! :music:

I know it's a penguin, but its stout cylindrical shape topped with a dome-like head make it look like a Dalek. Like some sort of Penguin-Dalek.

It's a cool MOC despite, or perhaps because of, that.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother