Set Review 20021: Bounty Hunter Gunship

Kanakalackin

Presentation

From the design of the box to the instruction manual, these are the first things you see before

building the set.

Here we have a rather large polybag. With the mini gunship getting shot at and shooting in the wrong direction. And, of course, all of the logos are up front including Star Wars, LEGO, BrickMaster, and Captain Rex is also staring at something. The gunship in orbit, perhaps?

8681135336_00dbc6587a_n.jpg

On the back, we have all of the legal info in several different languages, along with various logos and pictures.

8681132644_c26f17c0bd_n.jpg

So, in a nutshell, not very interesting...

Building

Half the fun is had building the set. How fun is it to build and how easy or challenging is it?

This set uses some SNOT, along with the standard SOT (Studs On Top :P) build.

8679999409_970e998aec_n.jpg8679984417_b0f366c215_n.jpg8679965703_6f2847f072_n.jpg8681065930_596d630216_n.jpg8680032611_e4f7965c4f_n.jpg

The build is intuitive, to say the least. The use of plates and slopes provides a smooth texture, but no set is perfect. Despite the smoothness of the model, the slopes leave a bit of a ledge in some places. Especially the front. The top plates also aren't exactly flush with the cockpit either.

Set Design

Now that the set is complete, we can critique how it looks from every angle. New or interesting

pieces can also be examined here.

8680027457_9302fb1391_n.jpg

The finished product is appealing to the eye, but, why the tail light? Just, why? Since when do you see bounty hunters stop at a red light?

The jet-engines can rotate an unrestricted total of 360 degrees. The guns are a bit mediocre, if I do say so myself. The front guns are begging for something, perhaps lightsaber hilts? The rear guns aren't really a problem, but it would feel a little better it they could rotate.

And let's not forget. It's SWOOSHABLE!

8680013005_fa11157312_n.jpg

The interesting pieces in the set are the 1x1 SNOT bricks (you get eight of them!), the arches, and just about every Metru-Green piece there is.

Playability

The other half of the fun is in playing with the set. How well does the set function and is it enjoyable to play with?

The set is easy to hold, so it is swooshable. You can also rotate the engines easily, so it's good for mini-roleplay.

There are no gimmicky flick-fires (yay!). So, a minor plus.

Final Thoughts

Once it's all said and done, how does the set stack up? Should I get it?

Pros

What's to like?

• METRU-GREEN!!!
  • Swooshable
  • Pretty screen-accurate
  • easy and fun to play with

Cons

What's not to like?

• Why the tail light?
  • Not as smooth as it should be
  • non-rotating rear guns
  • lack of detail

I think that this is a pretty good set if you want it. It compares very well when stood up alongside it's big brother. And it's fun to play with. But, before I go, may I ask one thing?

Why the tail light?

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!