3DS discussion

Well, it's easy to remember if you think 'Y = Attack, B = Jump', like I had to recall when I played through the DS Megaman sidescrollers. =PSkyward Sword most definitely DID need the motion aspect. xP Since, well, it was 1:1 swordplay, remember? And yeah, TP was on the GC, but I thought this was a portable Wii, and therefore, would mostly be for Wii games? =P(Also, how would you handle the menu, since it's not a touch screen? =P)Yep. =P

Ew

A = Jump

B = Attack

Anything else is just doing it wrong. :P

I haven't gotten to play skyward sword yet, I need to get some games from my friend. He still has my super mario sunshine. I need to play that, since I never really did a good playthrough since I actually got decent at video games. (not sure why, it's my #1 favorite too... but that's probably because it was my first video game ever, and a good one at that!) He had my superstar saga for over 6 years lol! But he's got too many games that he hasn't even gotten the time to play, so I'll just make him give me skyward sword :3

And if you need touchscreens for menus, you must have HATED ssbm ;)

Edited by Steve the Squid

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

I dunno. Maybe for the NES, but I like having my thumb be able to hit both buttons easily, instead of having to reach awkwardly. That's the precise reason I set Y to mimic A in the Megaman Zero Collection. =Plol, nice. xDNever played Melee; but i never said anything about needing touch screens for menus either. xP I asked how you would handle the Wii Menu without a touch screen; because there's no motion controls either. And you can't just scroll through and hit A like you can on the DS systems. =P

Well, it's easy to remember if you think 'Y = Attack, B = Jump', like I had to recall when I played through the DS Megaman sidescrollers. =PSkyward Sword most definitely DID need the motion aspect. xP Since, well, it was 1:1 swordplay, remember? And yeah, TP was on the GC, but I thought this was a portable Wii, and therefore, would mostly be for Wii games? =P(Also, how would you handle the menu, since it's not a touch screen? =P)Yep. =P

Ew

A = Jump

B = Attack

Anything else is just doing it wrong. :P

I haven't gotten to play skyward sword yet, I need to get some games from my friend. He still has my super mario sunshine. I need to play that, since I never really did a good playthrough since I actually got decent at video games. (not sure why, it's my #1 favorite too... but that's probably because it was my first video game ever, and a good one at that!) He had my superstar saga for over 6 years lol! But he's got too many games that he hasn't even gotten the time to play, so I'll just make him give me skyward sword :3

And if you need touchscreens for menus, you must have HATED ssbm ;)

Skyward Sword was not even close to 1:1, like they advertised. You swung the remote, and it mapped your swing to one of 12 pre-rendered swings, which doesn't even come close to 1:1. And B as jump is the most comfortable way of doing it with Nintendo's ABXY layout. The button on the bottom is jump, which just feels nice.

I dunno. Maybe for the NES, but I like having my thumb be able to hit both buttons easily, instead of having to reach awkwardly. That's the precise reason I set Y to mimic A in the Megaman Zero Collection. =Plol, nice. xDNever played Melee; but i never said anything about needing touch screens for menus either. xP I asked how you would handle the Wii Menu without a touch screen; because there's no motion controls either. And you can't just scroll through and hit A like you can on the DS systems. =P

Using a Classic Controller you could navigate the Wii menu without any motion at all. That's generally how I did it, because the only Wii game played after beating it was Brawl.

I agree with Ghoti, though it was still not THAT bad. Better than 'RUN THROUGH AND SWING' Twilight Princess in variance. =P But yeah, I personally like jump on the bottom button.Really? 0_o Okay, didn't know that. ._. Guess I might've known if i actually had a classic controller, though...

I loved twilight princess, I could just lie on the couch like a total vegetable and just twitch to swing the sword XD

But I've yet to taste SS.

And no melee? If it weren't for the new characters in brawl, I would like melee more, because I think it has better game physics. But I did come to that conclusion after being on vacation from my wii for a long time and logging over 300 hours of melee, so there might be a SLIGHT bias XD

I loved twilight princess, I could just lie on the couch like a total vegetable and just twitch to swing the sword XD

But I've yet to taste SS.

And no melee? If it weren't for the new characters in brawl, I would like melee more, because I think it has better game physics. But I did come to that conclusion after being on vacation from my wii for a long time and logging over 300 hours of melee, so there might be a SLIGHT bias XD

I still don't have any Zelda games for my Wii. All I've got is force unleashed and the prime trilogy. (Not the single disk one, separate disks, though I'm currently in the possession of that disk.) And Brawl. The rest aren't mine, but the system might as well be mine. The PS2 might as well be mine, nobody else has touched the thing in years.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Melee had way better physics that made it the most technical fighter ever made. Shame Smash Bros. 4 isn't going to be THAT technical.

Oh, I really wanted to get a 3DS, but I could only afford to get a DSi this past month. Mainly for Pokemon X and Y, but I'll settle for Black 2 for now. In other news, sales for the 3DS, I've heard, are doing extremely well, while Wii U sales are not doing so well.

Hold on

You couldn't buy a 3DS

-BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT A DSi

I thought that we already established that the DSi is useless.

Just get a 3DS for like the same price, it does everything a DSi does and more.

Edited by Steve the Squid

Oh, I really wanted to get a 3DS, but I could only afford to get a DSi this past month. Mainly for Pokemon X and Y, but I'll settle for Black 2 for now. In other news, sales for the 3DS, I've heard, are doing extremely well, while Wii U sales are not doing so well.

Hold on

You couldn't buy a 3DS

-BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT A DSi

I thought that we already established that the DSi is useless.

Just get a 3DS for like the same price, it does everything a DSi does and more.

*Facepalm* No... It's because it's cheaper and not everyone can shell out almost $200 for a system and the game he mentioned.

And when was that established?

Edited by ~Shockwave~

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

The 3DS is 170. The XL is 200. The DSi might be SLIGHTLY cheaper, but he also didn't mention what model he got. ;)/EDIT: And reading comprehension went out the window; just mentioned Shockwave also mentioned the game.Though, for that matter, X/Y doesn't release for another two months, so he'd have time to scratch up some more money, and such.

Edited by Blade: #XIII. Roxas

The 3DS is 170. The XL is 200. The DSi might be SLIGHTLY cheaper, but he also didn't mention what model he got. ;)/EDIT: And reading comprehension went out the window; just mentioned Shockwave also mentioned the game.Though, for that matter, X/Y doesn't release for another two months, so he'd have time to scratch up some more money, and such.

A regular DSi is $99 If I remember correctly.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

A regular DSi is $99 If I remember correctly.

It ain't worth it. The DSi kinda sucks majorly.

Because it pretty much is. =P It's like the Game Boy Colour was to the Game Boy Classic; a slight enhancement that provided something cool; the GBC gave colour, the DSi gave downloads, a camera, and MAYBE slightly more RAM. but not enough to really be worthy of anything good, IIRC. =P

Because it pretty much is. =P It's like the Game Boy Colour was to the Game Boy Classic; a slight enhancement that provided something cool; the GBC gave colour, the DSi gave downloads, a camera, and MAYBE slightly more RAM. but not enough to really be worthy of anything good, IIRC. =P

True. I can't believe the price for the WiiU... That's insane...

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I can see the WiiU getting a price drop next year, when the system-selling games (Mario Kart, Smash 4, etc.) come out. If there isn't one, I'd still probably get one, though.Anyways, I probably getting got Fire Emblem today. Looking forward to that free $30 for the eShop, I'll get some good stuff with that.

Edited by Terminus