S.T.A.A.R

S.omewhat

T.hreatening

A.rmored

A.ssault

R.obot

No weapons, yet

Hello! After many hours of fiddling around I have completed STAAR, a robot loosely based off of the Robot Pyro from Team Fortress 2's Mann Versus

Machine gamemode.

"A remnant from the 2nd Pyrotechnics Rebellion, this outdated S.T.A.A.R unit has seen far better days. Found and rebuilt by an eccentric war memorabilia collector, it soon found its way out of the poor old fellow's home (or what was left of it) and went out to see what had become of its cause. Though its rebuilder had attempted to rewrite its memory into something less pyrotechnics-inclined, some spark of its old purpose still lives on, and despite its plays at innocence, it cannot be left alone without lighting something on fire."

It can sit!

It can stand!

It can wave! (Drat, the mummy leg decals are showing.)

It can stroll! (Barely. This thing is quite difficult to keep standing.)

It can scheme!

It can beg for mercy!

It can do push-ups! (Or recover from a fall. Our scientists can't quite tell what it's doing in this pic.)

Back

Side

I apologize for the awful camera shots, I have no stand. It's not that impressive of a MOC, really, I was just having fun messing around with different ways to make pistons, or the appearance of them. I find that the annoying rubber spears from many Hero Factory 2.0 sets work quite nicely as fake pistons, and they can be seen in the legs.

The hands were quite difficult, and I can't say I'm pleased with them. There are many ways to make pose-able hands, but few are blocky enough for something based off of the TF2 Robot Pyro. Hence the giant thumbs and mummy legs.

The Hero Factory black armor pieces were quite useful for filling out the arms and legs, and came to my rescue in times of lack of black System parts. They turned out better than I expected, and do a good job of looking more rubbery, like the Pyro's gloves, boots, and mask, in contrast to the more angled and robotic System pieces.

And finally, apologies for not deeplinking.

Whenever a thunderstorm comes within hearing distance of my home, my internet goes nearly out, and in my frustration and constant refreshing I seem to have forgotten to deeplink my images.

Edited by Bominominomu Nemo

Do you believe in magic?

• 2 weeks later...