Who the best Toa from every team?

thokworship

Bionicle released a new team of six Toa every year. On the whole, the teams were fairly balanced in powers, personality, and appearance. Still, taking those three attributes into consideration, each year there was a Toa or two in the group that stuck out to you more than the others. For you, who was your favorite Toa from each team? AND WHY?

Since characters' appearances and even personalities change and evolve in every team, I am including them all. I know the Mata and the Nuva are the same teams, etc.

The Teams:

1. Toa Mata

2. Toa Nuva

3. Toa Metru

4. Toa Hordika

5. Toa Inika

6. Toa Mahri

7. Toa Phantoka/Mistika

Please keep them within the bounds of these teams (I know, I know. That one Toa of Ice in Lhikan's team is my favorite, too).

Here are mine:

1. PohatuFor me, the Toa Mata are hard. I love them all equally and think they make a very balanced team. Regardless, Pohatu just seems to stick out to me. Maybe it's because he has no weapon, maybe it's because he saved my life in MNOG. Pohatu keeps it real.

2. Tahu Nuva or Kopaka Nuva

In my opinion, Tahu and Kopaka are the most intimidating of the Nuva, both visually and in their ever-clashing personalities.

3. NujuAlso an intimidating build. He looks majestic, solid, and adventurous, which is complemented by his not-so-terribly-adventurous nature. Nuju looks like he could kick some butt, but he isn't reckless.

4. Matau Hordika

Altogether, I didn't see the Hordika as terribly impressive or attractive. However, I did find it hilarious how aghast and distraught Matau was in reaction to his beastly transformation.

5. Nuparu

He gets cool claws. He flies. He has a flippin' GUN ON HIS SHOULDER. IN ADDITION TO THE ONE IN HIS CLAWS. Though, I personally disagree with the decision to send basically the Steve Jobs of the Matoran into battle when you have all those other bulky Onu-Matoran.

6. Hahli Mahri

This is the year that restored my hope in Bionicle's ability to produce a female that looks CONCEIVABLY FEMALE. The Toa of Water had an obvious leg up given the setting of 2007's part of the story, and I love how this is communicated by the fact that she is the first Toa to have wings. I also have a love for Matoro and his unparalleled sacrifice, but Hahli Mahri is my favorite female set, so I thought I'd put her up.

7. Pohatu

And so it ends as it began. I love Pohatu's propellers and his mask reminds me of the Vahi, only with a cool space-dome over his head. Lewa was pretty cool, too, but everyone else was ugly as butts.

Tahu was totally my favorite Toa Stars.

1. Lewa- He came back from so much and knew secrets that the others did not and this ultimettly made him stronger. 2. Tahu Nuva- He probly went through the hardest of the other Nuva with the Kal and Rakshi deal. This ultimently made him a stronger character all around. 3. Vakama- His visions helped him and his team uncover the truth and he lead them to victory against Makuta. 4. Nokama- She held the Hordika together and if it were not for her the Hordika could have met a very different desriney. 5. Matoro- His true destiney is reveled and he also has a self conflict but is able to overcome it and help the Inika get the mask of light. 6. Jaller- Okay I know Jaller is my profile name and all, but he is what held the Toa Mahri together and he is also the one who was willing to sacrafice it all in hopes that his friend and universe might survive. Plus he gave Matoro the confidence to push on and save the universe. 7. This one is tough, but I am going to have to say Gali- Gali really helped unlock the secrets to the swamp and also was the one who dicovered the way to awake Mata Nui. She also grew as character from this experience. 8. I know the Hagah were not an option given, but I feel like saying who I thought was number one anyway Norik- Norik lead the other Hagah to go against Makuta and keep them united as they were mutated into Rahagah. He then lead them after they were turned back to normal to hunt down, and found Teridax.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

1. Lewa - Something about the set just feels right to me and I also loved his younger personality, but as you said before it was a hard decision bc the Toa Mata were just great overall.2. Pohatu Nuva - I really liked this set sorta because it was different then the rest and I'm mainly picking this bc it was my first Toa Nuva set, but like the Toa Mata, this was also another tough choice.3. Whenua - Liked how this was a Toa of Earth that wasnt portrayed as a short, wise Toa. Instead he was as much involved in the Toa Metru team IMO and I really liked that. However the use of his masks on multiple sets STILL bother me a bit to this day.4. Vakama Hordika - This has to be mainly bc of the way the character was portrayed in the story, not by the way the set looked bc They basically all looked the same, with different colors, tools and masks. Liked how previous events changed the actions of Vakama which greatly affected the story. 5. Matoro - Really liked the use of the trans light blue pieces on him and trans orange pieces on Jaller (whose a runner up for me), it just made the set work a bit better IMO and sorta brought a lighting type of image to the set. I also, was a fan of the rubber mask of his and really liked the idea of him only being seen by Hahli.6. Mahri Hahli - This set was very well designed, I thought, and the use of the wings really brought a underwater theme to the sets (which I thought the others lacked). Also the color scheme of blue and lime still fascinates me to this day and her weapon was also pretty Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6 cool.7. Tahu - I really did like the Phantoka/Mistika Toa as sets and characters, altho I do understand why some fans might've not been happy with their appearance. But idk I liked Tahu's mask design, but I do think they should've just gave him a new Kanohi instead of saying it was the same one. Also being the leader of the Toa team that woke up Mata Nui seemed pretty neat to me. So he is my favorite out of them all.Also if I had to pick a favorite Toa not from a Toa team above, I would pick Toa Ignika. While he could have been considered a Toa Phantoka/Mistika (correct me if im wrong) Im just leaving him outta there.And two quick questions could we also add Toa from the Hagah team? Since we did get their personalities shown in the serials.And would Takanuva be considered as part of the Nuva and Phantoka/Mistika Teams? Just wondering :)

Edited by Black Six

And two quick questions could we also add Toa from the Hagah team? Since we did get their personalities shown in the serials.

And would Takanuva be considered as part of the Nuva and Phantoka/Mistika Teams? Just wondering :)

I was just keeping it to the listed teams. This is actually a sort of survey that I'm conducting for a few of my own reasons. The Hagah did have some great story, though!Takanuva is undoubtedly a very important character, but he was not exactly part of the team and wasn't sent on all of their missions.

And two quick questions could we also add Toa from the Hagah team? Since we did get their personalities shown in the serials.

And would Takanuva be considered as part of the Nuva and Phantoka/Mistika Teams? Just wondering :)

I was just keeping it to the listed teams. This is actually a sort of survey that I'm conducting for a few of my own reasons. The Hagah did have some great story, though!Takanuva is undoubtedly a very important character, but he was not exactly part of the team and wasn't sent on all of their missions.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up tho :)

Alright well my favorite are

1. Toa Mata Lewa

Of the set he was really good and i loved his axe i just wish they bring that back in a new set, plus he haved my favorite color. His character was funny and amazing.

2. Toa Nuva Onua

His build, mask and weapon are great plus his the character is great as well.

3. Toa Metru Matau

First off i like to say that his character is really funny as well plus i loved his voice actor in the movie, now with the set his mask is great and his color fit a lot better than the others.

4. Toa Hordika Matau

I hated the Hordika a lot but out of all of them, the only one that was good in my eyes was Matau

5. Toa Inika Kongu

Kongu maybe my most favorite out of all the Toa, he was really awesome character.

6. Toa Mahri Kongu

His Mahri is my favorite as well, his mask was really amazing and i love the body he have and i do like the color.

7. Toa Phantoka/Mistika Tahu

Tahu was the only one that is amazing, i loved his mask and i really love to see it in black and his shield was good.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 3 weeks later...

1. Pohatu

Best Mask power, most interesting build, funny but awesome weapons, more funny than the supposed comic relief (Lewa's just annoying), what more could you want?

2. Kopaka

He reminds me of Batman in MoL. Instant win.

3. Matau

Hilarious. Awesome weapons. Cool mask power. This guy is reminding me of Pohatu.

4. Matau. Again.

I don't really like any of the Hordika, but since Matau was still somewhat funny and had some of his best lines in WoS, I put him down again.

5. Jaller

Personally, I think his appearance fits his element better than any other Toa of Fire. I like his personality, and his mask is awesome too.

6. Matoro

Duh.

7. Tahu or Takanuva

I like Kopaka and Pohatu, but I can't get over how awesome-looking the Hau Nuva Mistika is. However, if Takanuva counts, than I'd say him, because of how intimidating and powerful he both looks and is.

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

I'm not sure if this is sets or character or overall, but here we go!Mata: OnuaNuva: Onua NuvaMetru: Vakama or Nuju or WhenuaHordika: NujuHagah: NorikInika: NuparuMahri: Nuparu or MatoroAnd then we get Nuva again.I say special mention for Matoro for saving the universe, Nuparu for being an awesome engineer-hero, and Onua for being strong, silent, and wise. But truly, I love all the Bionicles and all the Toa.Honorable mention to Matau: for making the 2nd and 3rd movies watcheable.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

1. Toa Mata: I could go very typical and say Tahu because of the simple design and the iconic mask, but I have to give it to pretty much every other Toa Mata. They are all unique and have something that differentiates them from each other. I especially like the inverted torso Pohatu has to give it the kicking ability, and the hulking appearance of Onua.

2. Toa Nuva: Takanuva. Maybe it's just my nostalgia talking, but I really like Takanuva's design. The mask, the weapon and that slick white and gold colour scheme. Perfect. Still have it on my shelf.

3. Toa Metru: Toa Vakama. The dark red and disk launcher are great. Plus the mask iss really nice.

4. Toa Hordika: Nokama has a neat mask,

5. Toa Inika: Uhh. Matoro's mask is neat I guess? That's about it.

6. Toa Mahri: Thank god for Mahri to wash out that. Matoro Mahri is my favourite, for it's hunchback appearance and the kind insectoid mask, plus a neat claw weapon.

7. Toa Phantoka/Mistika: Takanuva, by the virtue of actually looking like Takanuva. Seriously, this toyline sucks.

hereheis.gif

--------------

Reach Heaven by Violence.

And while you are at it, see Bionicle characters as Magical Girls.

1. Toa Mata-Lewa. He was such a fun character, even if the other Toa didn't take him that seriously.

2. Toa Nuva-Again, Lewa. His mask looked a little gaudy, but he was still the same awesome, fun Toa at heart.

3. Toa Metru-Nuju. Maybe because it was weird to hear Nuju speak properly, I'm not sure. He just made me smile

4. Toa Hordika-If I really had to pick, I'd choose Whenua, because he had the best tools.

5. Toa Inika-Nuparu. Shoulder mounted Zamor launchers look great, by the way.

6. Toa Mahri-Nuparu. While the other Toa chose big stabbing weapons or multiple Kordak blasters, Nuparu chose a great big shield. Plus he's my favourite Bionicle character, so it would be rude not to put him.

7. Toa Phantoka/Mistika-Lewa, simply because he looked the most aerodynamic out of all of them. Plus, you know, shoulder jet-packs. Those were cool.

Will be writing stories shortly-Watch this space.

Here's my blog, where you can listen to me read bad fanfics.