The Golden Sun series is a (currently) 3-game long series set in the flat world of Weyard, which resembles the Earth several million years ago, geographically. I've beaten 1 and 3 so far. Anyone else play?

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

Let's just say that way back when, I was "GoldenSunRules", not "GSR". (These days I like to just consider GSR to mean GSR, but I digress.) You really should play The Lost Age - it's in my opinion the strongest game in the series. Dark Dawn was a little weak compared to the first two, but I still enjoyed it and hopefully it can get a sequel (sooner rather than later.)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm a big fan of the series. Yeah, Dark Dawn was actually pretty easy... Except for duhallan. He's a pain. But yeah, I wonder if Himi's brother will be the next hero?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I recently did finally manage to obtain a copy of TLA, only to get stuck in Alhafra after beating Briggs. When will they fix the bridge? And where do I get the rope-tying psynergy?

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

I recently did finally manage to obtain a copy of TLA, only to get stuck in Alhafra after beating Briggs. When will they fix the bridge? And where do I get the rope-tying psynergy?

The Briggs thing is solved only much later. You have to take the long way. As for the rope trick... Find the temple near where you start. I believe they provide you with the psynergy.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The Briggs thing is solved only much later. You have to take the long way. As for the rope trick... Find the temple near where you start. I believe they provide you with the psynergy.
Blarg. Okay, thanks. Takeru being the next hero does seem rather likely. He'll almost certainly be in the next game, at any rate. Edited by Lord Kaitan de Storms

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Dark Dawn's pretty good, although Matthew and [ivan's daughter] are basically Isaac and Jenna clones (respectively) and Tyrell is basically an exaggeration if Garret. It also starts off the most lighthearted of the three and then gets pretty dark... Literally. More tearjearkers even than the open of 1 or the climax of 2. Combined, AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOREVER TO GET MIND READ! It also has quite a few callbacks and a surprising number of recurring characters, which is great for the long-time fans, and help explain the backstory to the newer ones. And then there's the point at the end of the game where you realize that the entire game was actually a sidetrack from the main quest.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

The Golden Sun games are absolutely brilliant. They are THE reason I originally got a GBA. News of a new GS game was also one of the reasons I got a DS. Dark Dawn was certainly fun, but not in the same league as the first two. There was even more dialogue, the plot didn't feel as strong (especially since, as Lord Kaitan said, it ends up being a distraction), there weren't anything like as many stand-out musical pieces and it was far, far too easy. I got through pretty much every boss battle using nothing more than basic attacks (and the occasional heal). In GS/TLA, boss battles were the times you pulled out all your summons, Djinn and strongest psynergies in order to bring them down and hoped it was enough (which it wasn't against some bosses. Gorram Dullahan!). Oh yes, I also couldn't get all the Djinn in DD because at certain points of the game it disallows any backtracking. I really wasn't happy about this, and still have no conviction to play through the game again in order to find them. A good game, but dissapointing after the first two.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I had real hard time with the Chaos Chimera the first time through (even more than with Dullahan, in fact), but afterwards I realized that it was because it was a boss that you could not, in fact, beat without a careful summoning strategy. And then I got Iris and virtually OHKO it for the lulz.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png