Set Review: 44015 Evo Walker & 44018 Furno Jet Machine Combiner

Evo-Furno_Combiner_Review_teaser.jpgToday we take a look at the combiner of sets 44015 Evo Walker and 44018 Furno Jet Machine in another set review. We don't normally review combiners, but LEGO has asked us to, and they were really nice about it, so we acquiesced. Are these two sets even better when they're together? Read and watch on to find out!View the full article

Aesthetically, this is one of my favorites of the combination models for next year. The two-cockpit look is quite nifty, and I think the bright colors make it look very exciting. The one major flaw in my book is the length of the left arm — it could definitely stand to be a segment shorter.Overall, I'm glad we're back to seeing some truly original combination models, versus the Brain Attack combination models which were largely just "enhanced" versions of one of the characters. Some of those like the combination model of Breez and Ogrum still looked rather clever, but for the most part they felt bland compared to the amazingly unique combination models from the Breakout series.Disjointed color schemes don't really bother me. You don't build a combination model with the idea in mind that it's going to look totally cohesive. As long as there aren't TOO many non-neutral colors and the colors are distributed well, I think a combination model can end up looking just fine. Case in point: the classic Rahi combi models.