BIONICLE: The Game Discs

Master Inika

I've been trying to BIONICLE: The Game for my PC. I got one disc on eBay. The box says it's a CD-ROM, but the disc-holder inside doesn't fit perfectly inside, so it might not be the original packaging. The disk is labeled "DISC 2." I found another eBay sale for a disc that look exactly the same, only labeled "CD #1." I haven't bought that one yet. I tried to put DISC 2 on my PC, but when I tried to open it, my computer said I had to download something to use ".VOL" content. Nothing I tried downloading worked, and I think some of it might have been malware (I got rid of it). So, is the disc I have now not for PC?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

From what you say, it appears that the disc you have, just has some of the games assets/files. I have worked with .vol archives before, they are basically another form of a .zip, or a .rar. You don't need to open the files on this disk, you need the disc 1 as well. Because the 1st disc would have the launcher that would coordinate using the second disc with the installer.

If you want to play the game, you will need to get the first disc, which will have all the installers on it.

hope this helped,

ldd2000

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

BIONICLE: The Game is on 2 CD's. From what you wrote, you have only CD 2, which contains some of the games assets that are installed when the installer asks you to insert CD 2. You will need CD 1 and the activation key found in the manual.

My activation key is actually on the case.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)