Naval Commander Jaldamir

So I know I haven't posted here in eons! But it's time to show you guys the real deal.

It's one of my most creative MOC's ever.

A naval commander I built for the March 2014 BZPower Flickr Contest.

fm20147r_.jpg

A noble, self-righteous naval officer that does not take anything lightly. He captains a star Frigate by the name of HMS Superiority, and manages a large crew of capable "sailors". He is an elegant fighter, and an accomplished duelist. He sets the bar for honor and prestige, albeit prone to occasional fits of arrogance. He is a wise tactician who has gotten his crew out of a number of drastic situations.

<Glancing to his side>

This MOC was born out of a pirate MOC, which had to be repurposed for this contest, as I had posted a WIP of the pirate's head on BZPower prior to the contest, and thus was unable to use the MOC without changing the head. While I do admit that the pirate MOC did look cool and had a lot of potential, I have to say that I do like this version better.

Set on Flickr

This MOC uses the cleverest connection techniques for the coat, and has some very odd piece usage, which made it all the more fun to make! It was a long process for sure, one that took me almost 8 months from conception to this finished MOC. I definitely think it's one of my best works as of yet.

Thank you all for stopping by, and stay tuned for the PIRATE version coming soon!!!

:tohu:

• Upvote 3

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I am quite impressed with this build. I'm not the best at reviewing MoCs by far, but I'll try. The face is oddly fitting and, while I can't see a whole lot of detail on my phone, the build is quite intricate. I like what I can see of how you did the head/neck without using the Inika head piece. The weapons are also quite elegant. His whole look makes me easily imagine him captaining a ship in an active way. I can see a lot of personality in his appearance, something that's easy to say but hard to do or describe. I'll just hope you understand what I mean. The only thing I don't overly care for is the lower legs, but I can't really see those very well so as to articulate what I don't like. You said in the contest poll topic that you rushed the picture taking, I do hope you take some more so I can steal some of your techniques and see him better. Lol. Ok, I'm done with my terrible review of this great MoC :P

I like this MOC, as I like most of your MOCs. I think using Matoro Inika's mask without using the Inika head was the cleverest part of this MOC. I do also like the pistol and the sword, though. I like the gold pauldrons, and, as usual, I must disagree with other reviewers and say I do like the long legs. Good job, hope you win!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the boost of morale. I don't receive a whole lot of feedback for my creations in general, so this is definitely uplifting.

I am quite impressed with this build. I'm not the best at reviewing MoCs by far, but I'll try. The face is oddly fitting and, while I can't see a whole lot of detail on my phone, the build is quite intricate. I like what I can see of how you did the head/neck without using the Inika head piece. The weapons are also quite elegant. His whole look makes me easily imagine him captaining a ship in an active way. I can see a lot of personality in his appearance, something that's easy to say but hard to do or describe. I'll just hope you understand what I mean. The only thing I don't overly care for is the lower legs, but I can't really see those very well so as to articulate what I don't like. You said in the contest poll topic that you rushed the picture taking, I do hope you take some more so I can steal some of your techniques and see him better. Lol. Ok, I'm done with my terrible review of this great MoC :P

The lower legs are basically made with tires of 2 different kinds to make them look sort of like black boots. The feet and such are kind of elongated on purpose to prevent them from looking stubby. The legs are actually fairly creative. I might be able to provide technique shots when I'm back in Sheffield. I will resolve to taking the photos against a black background to show more of the black-on-black details of the build.

I like this MOC, as I like most of your MOCs. I think using Matoro Inika's mask without using the Inika head was the cleverest part of this MOC. I do also like the pistol and the sword, though. I like the gold pauldrons, and, as usual, I must disagree with other reviewers and say I do like the long legs. Good job, hope you win!

Thank you ever so much for your comment. Unfortunately, the voters in the contest did not think the same as you.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)