Castle Bartizan (Instructions)

A how-to guide on how to build a bartizan for a castle wall.

1246753514m_display-little.jpg

A bartizan is basically a small, turret-like structure on a castle. They’re very nifty for archers, plus they just look danged cool. Here’s a simple guide to build one!PARTS LIST:2780.png x23062b.png x9 (1 for the top, 4 to fill in each side)%20http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TMCIsrael/Castle/Bartizan/3063.png%20 x14, give or take (at least 8 are required for the top, bottom, and one level of height, but I went with 14 of them to give me the height of the slit on the window) - ALSO, be sure that they’re the ones on the LEFT, NOT the ones on the RIGHT (otherwise this won’t work!)3700.png x23705.png x1 (this is a size/length 4 axle)3844.png x1 (yes, that is a helmet)3941.png x23943.png x14073.png x14742.png x1553.png x16222.png x1Righto, let’s get started.Step 1 - Connect these pieces together with the pins.Step 2 - Start the base of the roundness.Step 3 - This is why having that specific kind of hollow-bottomed 2x2 curved corner brick is important - you have to put these two on top of the other ones, but you have to offset them just a bit. (here’s another pic)Step 4 - Add more.Step 5 - Add even more.Step 6 - Add yet more still.Step 7 - Bridge the top.Step 8 - Add two more to ‘mimic’ the base roundness on the top.Step 9 - Add this cone.Step 10 - Put these two together.Step 11 - Doink.Step 12 - And doink.Step 13 - Doink the helmet on (another shot).Step 14 - Slide that configuration into the top.Step 15 - Take all these.Step 16 - Slap ‘em on the bottom.Step 17 - I didn’t take a full pic of it, but fill in both sides with the 1x1 cylinders.El fin!If anyone has any improvements to this design or implementations on your own, I’d like to see them. You don’t have to attribute it to me. :)