Claude Hairgel

Sumiki

Now this is a hero that didn't come out of the factory looking like an unfinished tin can! The torso is solid and filled in, and the legs are too (as much as they possibly can, more or less). The shoulder armor is clever. The only thing is the lack of consistency for transparent parts and the socket color layering. 

The former is troubling just because trans yellow is so close to trans neon green... might be good to make it a green flashlight or give him a trans neon orange or trans light blue head, either to have consistency or contrast. The latter is just my OCD about consistency - while that splash of lime on the shoulders is good, it appears nowhere else (trans neon propellers on the feet are cool, but keep in mind they do exist in trans neon orange if you considered changing the head). If it were me, I would have to use black bulbs (which works if you change the head and chest stuff color) or change every socket to be black on lime green. But that's just me :P

Anyway, creative, funny, and well-done MOC!

• Upvote 2

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

The former is troubling just because trans yellow is so close to trans neon green... might be good to make it a green flashlight or give him a trans neon orange or trans light blue head, either to have consistency or contrast. The latter is just my OCD about consistency - while that splash of lime on the shoulders is good, it appears nowhere else (trans neon propellers on the feet are cool, but keep in mind they do exist in trans neon orange if you considered changing the head). If it were me, I would have to use black bulbs (which works if you change the head and chest stuff color) or change every socket to be black on lime green.

Believe it or not, the studs on the flashlight are trans-neon green - they just look yellow in the picture because of the underlying trans-neon orange.

I'd love some more small lime bits in order to help those ball joints blend in. The only place I can think of off of the top of my head would have been the sockets where the feet are attached, and I don't have any lime sockets that aren't broken. :P

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

As Fsnorglepuff said, for a Hero Factory hero, he is pretty solid. I like the idea of the afro, even if it is a joke thing, because it's original. The overall color scheme is great and goes well together. The weapon is pretty good and also fits in with the overall color scheme given that it is similar to the lime green secondary color. 

I'd say this is actually a pretty good Moc. It's not too simple and doesn't look messy.

• 1 month later...