Japanese Bohrok Combiner?

Wow! That's one neat model! To think that that's existed all these years, and almost nobody knew about it...

I wonder if there are any other Japanese combiners we don't know about. Anyone here fluent enough in Japanese to poke around that site in the first post and look some more? I know that there's the Kabaya Turaga combiner and the Kabaya Bohrok Va combiner, and I just found out about the three Rahkshi combiners today (Two Kabaya ones: one red/brown and one green/white, and the red/black/blue one from the back of comic 14). And of course, there's this new Bohrok combiner. There were Kabaya promotional versions of some of the 03 Matoran, right? Did they have any sort of special Japanese combiner model?

Also, someone mentioned looking for a database of combiner instructions. BS01 has most of them, as mentioned above, but I found a Brickshelf gallery online that has numerous good photos of almost every single alternate model from Bionicle, even most of the obscure ones. The only things I noticed missing were the Sand Stalker from 2009, Gaardus from 2010, and this newly discovered Bohrok combiner. There aren't any instructions, but the photos could be helpful, especially for smaller models like the 03 Matoran combiners. Here's the link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=393720

By the way, was anyone ever able to actually find instructions for the red/black/blue Japanese Rahkshi combiner? (I'm not that great at constructing a set just from pictures of the finished product.) That combiner seems like it would be neat to build, and if instructions for it exist, I would love to see them.

Yeah, the best we have at the moment of the "Japanese but not Kabaya" Rahkshi combiner may be this guy's (Looserkiller's) reconstruction of it, which he also has a video on:

So, does it count as an official model then? It says they took it from the Japanese LEGO Club magazine in Issue 14.

I also remember constructing the two other Japanese Rahkshi Combiners, but I remember the ball-joints on the (top of the) legs of the green/white one possibly being worse off because of it, and the red/brown one may have also needed strong joints (or at least stronger that the ones I was using) to support the arms properly.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Thanks Boxor. Also missing from that brickshelf gallery are the two terrible Korean Piraka combiners. One is essentially Irnakk sans gold spine and gold tubing, the other is unique but pretty ugly. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93812

Assuming those are legitimate, of course, but we do have instructions for at least one of them:

piraka_kaita_1.jpg

piraka_kaita_2.jpg

Hey BS01, add these if they count!

Not sure why he has blue pegs on his head if he doesn't have the connecting tubes like Irnakk did.

Did they run out of the black axles? Consistency with the other combiner?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Does anybody have photos of back sides of the other minifigure sets?

You may just have to search for images of the back of their boxes, such as this:

lava_gate_review_02.jpg

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724