One Toa everybody always seemed to like, but you didnt...

BioniCro

Lewa's constant gaffes(rahi swarm, krana) that put him against the Mata really ticked me off. The 01-02 Lewa I found reckless, but he matured the rest of the way.

heropose.png

Credit to Smooth! for HeroPose banner!

This member is all-out awesome! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=*

Check out my epic! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6617237

I appreciate all of the Toa Nuva equally, with the exception of Takanuva. As others have said before me, the story team sidelined his role after 2003 and never bothered to explore his character arc.

Even worse were the Toa Inika. I've read the Legends books, and I just don't understand how Greg Farshtey and the rest of the story team managed to botch the Toa Inika so badly. The Piraka oozed personality, as did Axonn, Brutaka, the Barraki, and every other character who made their debut in Legends -- but the Toa Inika were as bland as six colorful cardboard cutouts. It's curious, since they were chosen because of their unique and vibrant personalities as Matoran, but immediately upon their transformation into Toa, they lost everything that made them interesting. In retrospect, I would have much rather seen six entirely new Toa arrive on the island than bring back the Mata Nui Matoran just to mangle them.

However, both Takanuva and the Toa Inika's pure boringness pale in comparison to the Toa Hagah. Like the Toa Inika, they each had unique and interesting personalities when they were introduced as Rahaga -- but immediately upon their transformation back into Toa, they dropped everything and became cookie-cutter elemental stereotypes. A reader can't tell Iruini from Matau or Norik from Jaller, nor can one tell any of the rest of the Hagah from each other. The bland, uncreative Toa we saw in Dwellers in Darkness were a far cry from the unorthodox, intriguing Rahaga we saw in Challenge of the Hordika, and it was certainly not a change for the better.

All the other Toa are pretty decent. Lesovikk, Helryx, and Tuyet (even though I despise her contrived revival in Reign of Shadows) all contributed interesting personalities and motivations to the mix, and Lhikan and Nidhiki are legendary. We never really saw enough of the other Toa (Jovan, Orde, Chiara, Zaria, Varian, Naho) for me to make any real judgments on them, so I'll let them get off free. But the Toa Hagah, the Toa Inika, and Takanuva were each a complete waste of word space, and should never have been made into Toa at all.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison