What was your favorite set of every year of gen 1?

I am limiting myself to the sets I own:

2001: Tarakava

2002: Gahdok & Cahdok

2003: Makuta

2004: Turaga Dume and Nivawk

2005: Keetongu

2006: Brutaka

2007: Maxilos and Spinax

2008: Chirox (only one I had. Krika is definitly the coolest one)

2009: Mata Nui

2010: none...

• Upvote 1

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

2001: [8536] Kopaka wins for coolness & er, exynesssay. Although [8532] Onua was 'neat'!

2002: The Bohrok. I actually owned all 6 o.O [8571] Kopaka Nuva was still awesome, but I like swarms, and for some reason I really like the Krana.

2003: It's a tie between [8596] Takanuva & [8593] Makuta. The Rahkshi where wicked, I had all but Kurahk & Guurahk.

2004: [8623] Krekka wins. Close seconds where [8622] Nidhiki & [8811] Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo.

2005: Tie between [8740] Toa Hordika Matau & the Rahaga. They recycled the best bits of the Rahkshi!

2006: [8733] Axonn wins. But only just, [10204] Vezon and Kardas, that dragon is awesome, although Tahtorak is a better dragon!

2007: Nocturn wins! The Hydruka; [8931] Thulox & [8932] Morak are runners up. Pretty much everything else that year felt like they had a good idea & looked cool but needed to be less twiggy in places†

2008: [8948] Gavla & [8949] Kirop. Although  [8954] Mazeka was interesting and great for (plenty of) pieces.

2009: Tie between [8996] Skopio XV-1 for usefulness and [8977] Zesk for cuteness. Second place would be [8983] Vorox.

2010: I guess [7116] Tahu was a nice send off, but [7138] Rahkshi wins. Even though it didn't have a Kraata! >:{  [7116] Tahu is second.

But I'm influenced by what I own.

& why not: 2015; all the 'Masters' look awesome, and the Protectors are pretty neat. Lord of Skull Spiders is sick! :P :)

† which is pretty much the opposite of what I had felt up to that point where I though pieces where unnecessarily bulky xD

Edited; emoticons got in the way

Edited: I always think Nocturn is a combiner >_>" :P

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

01: Tahu or Lewa, even though I don't own either. Of the ones I own, Pohatu because that's the only one. :P

02: The Bohrok obvs, and I'm partial to the Nuhvok here because of the lime green.

03: Takutanuva. But I liked Ussanui + Takanuva better than Makuta, but not by much. :P The Rahkshi were pretty cool too, with their bendy knees and boots.

04: Lhikan and Kikanalo, an unfulfilled dream. Of the sets I own, Nokama also because I think that's the only one of that year, too. I loved the Toa Metru builds (bendy arms!) and the detail and Nokama's mask was cool. ^_^

05: The Visorak, simply for being non-humanoid. I liked the green one the most (Keelerak?). Though I would have loved to own Sidorak.

06: The best year of all, IMO. If combiners count, than Kardas + Vezon. If not, then Vezon and Fenrakk simply for being Vezon and Fenrakk. Also cape

07: Hm.. I remember really loving the creativity behind the Barraki builds (Ehlek was my favorite) but I think overall I liked Hydraxon the best.

08: OMG Axalara hands down. Followed by Jetrax and Rockoh. How I dream of a combiner of all three. :P

09-10: Honestly I didn't really care much from this point on, but I would have liked that big four legged red machine thing that also showed up in the movie. Also the Skrall, because of the shield.

• 2 weeks later...

01: Tarakava Nui. It's just a huge combiner with a lot of playabilility. In terms of actual sets, I'm unique. Any of the turaga.

02: Boxor. Oh my god, this is so nostalgic. I love the feature, and Nuparu, and everything.

03: Makuta. Takanuva is overrated. Give Teridax some love!

04: Erhm... Matau.

05: Keelerak, Matau, and Suukorak.

06: Botar was just amazing. Piruk was also great.

07: Takadox and Hydraxon for actual sets. Pit War Tortise for combiners. It was the one model that actually has a complex build.

08: Mutran and Vican. Hands down. Always my favorite. Although Chirox is a close second. I love the Shelek.

09: Titan Mata Nui. He's the closest thing to the Great Spirit Robot we'll ever get.

10: Umm... Baterra. Oh... Umm.... Gresh?

2001: Obvious choice: all the Toa Mata. They're so iconic to Bionicle in general that it's hard not to say this.

2002: The nuva were great, but Lewa Nuva was probably the strongest of the bunch to me.

2003: Makuta. That set set the bar for titan sets for years to come.

2004: Lhikan and Kikanalo. I would have said the Toa Metru, but Lhikan has probably the best use of that build.

2005: Close tie between Sidorak and Roodaka. Despite all the hate 2005 has, they nailed the titan sets.

2006: Kongu Inika. And I am aware I am one of the few who thinks this. :P

2007: Pridak. The barraki were fantastic sets overall. Despite 2007 being the year that a lot of complaints on repitive builds became widespread, it was also probably the year with the most variety.

2008: Axalara T9. Yeah, hard to pick anything else.

2009: The Skopio. I loved the imposingness of that set.

2010: I don't know...Rahkshi, I guess...?

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

01 - Tahu and Lewa Mata

02 - Gali Nuva

03 - Takanuva and Ussanui

04 - Lhikan and Kikanalo, Nidhiki and Krekka

05 - Hordika Nuju (All the Hordika are really great though!)

06 - Inika Matoro, Axonn and Umbra

07 - Lesovikk

08 - Takanuva and Toa Inika

09 - Thornatus

10 - Takanuva

I think you can see a trend here.  :P

• Upvote 1

we are the granddaughters of the witches you weren't able to burn