Set Review: 70786 Gali Master of Water

I'm genuinely curious as to how many toy video reviews people watch. I readily admit I watch too many heh... But it is definitely the perspective from which I approach this.

Reviewing test shots or flawed/incomplete early previews of toys is actually very common. I've never seen anybody get upset about it before.

The major difference is that the reviewers make it clear that they have been given or acquired such an item. That distinction was not made in the initial reviews by TTV and it was their responsibility to do so. They attempted to make amends for that, but of course the damage was already done. That in no way does not make them reviews, though. Just a different flavor of them.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I must admit, Gali has really grown on me. Definitely helps with some nice posing. I always loved the trident weapon (very technic) and the dual functions of it, as they look pretty nice as fins as well. Dig the colour scheme and overall design, and the gear box is still implemented quite well on these smaller Toa. Mask has also grown on me, still don't like the circle though. Otherwise, an awesome set and I will definitely pick this up.

Also, really appreciated the jokes. :P

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Click, on 19 Nov 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:snapback.png

Seeing her in a different, less ridiculous pose (I don't know why, but I really hate the pose on the box) does actually give her a sense of femininity somehow. Maybe I'm just brainwashed into thinking "BLUE = GIRL!" 

I have to admit, this review did a lot to change my opinion on Gali. She looks pretty good. A decent selection of parts in great colors that all combine to a very complete build. I think her torso printing is my favorite, and the Kaukau (Mask of Water, whatever) looks a lot better than I thought. I was planning on getting her to at least build one Kaita with my favorites builds, Lewa and Kopaka, but I think I can actually enjoy her. The shoulders are still really odd, but I don't see any way to fix that without leaving massive gaps on her arms.

I may possibly ruin the Mask of Water for some of you. The top looks like a nose. Just sayin'.  :D

You know, most people would think you were weird if you told them you were brainwashed into thinking blue=girl, because typically pink is used for girls and blue for boys... Bionicle is weird.  :P

interestingly enough, pink=girl is a relatively recent phenomenon; as recent as early-to-mid 20th century pink was considered a boy's color because of its vibrant and dominant nature.  blue being associated with femininity, on the other hand, is a very old idea.

Edited by l1ft0ff