Slight instructions problem with Onua: Master of Earth?

hiddenderek

I noticed after watching the Jangbricks review of Onua that a lot of people are building Onua with the neck piece standing straight up as that is how the instructions depict the neck. As a result they're complaining about Onua looking derpy with a giant giraffe neck. The instructions don't show that the neck piece is supposed to be bent over 90 degrees to give Onua a 'hunchback' look, which infinitely improves his design. The official photos do have him with the hunchback neck instead, though. Anyone else notice this? Its been irritating me nearly every time someone posts a photo of their completed Onua somewhere.

Edited by hiddenderek

I think it's more of a preference thing. Tahu's instruction booklet has that one black connector piece in the middle so he has to hold those massive blades at the ends.  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I noticed after watching the Jangbricks review of Onua that a lot of people are building Onua with the neck piece standing straight up as that is how the instructions depict the neck. As a result they're complaining about Onua looking derpy with a giant giraffe neck. The instructions don't show that the neck piece is supposed to be bent over 90 degrees to give Onua a 'hunchback' look, which infinitely improves his design. The official photos do have him with the hunchback neck instead, though. Anyone else notice this? Its been irritating me nearly every time someone posts a photo of their completed Onua somewhere.

It's not rare for instruction booklets not to show a set posed ideally. The same applies for Tahu — his instruction booklet has his shoulder armor sticking straight out to the sides rather than folded down over the actual shoulder joints, which influenced the recent set review on Brickset.

But yeah, people who are bothered by Onua having a "giraffe neck" should really think a little bit harder about why the set is built how it is.

What I especially love about the Onua set is that by pointing the neck joint forward, he and Pohatu are tied for shortest of the new Toa, just like they were in the 2002 Toa Nuva sets.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

I'd think people would be pretty likely to try to pose them the way they are in their promo art. :shrugs:

Still, an odd exclusion, yeah.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Another interesting error with the Onua set (which I highly doubt anyone will spot!) is that the number assigned to his CCBS limb-extender pieces is incorrect (according to bricklink anyway) Entering the code as shown in the booklet links to the piece in BLACK when the piece in the set is actually Dark bluish grey...

I know right :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Another interesting error with the Onua set (which I highly doubt anyone will spot!) is that the number assigned to his CCBS limb-extender pieces is incorrect (according to bricklink anyway) Entering the code as shown in the booklet links to the piece in BLACK when the piece in the set is actually Dark bluish grey...

I know right :P

I think it's the color listing that's wrong, not the number. Even though it's listed as Black, I can pretty much guarantee that ordering that part by its number will get you a Dark Stone Grey one. The same issue applied to the ones in the Invasion From Below sets, and people who ordered those hoping for them to come in black were sorely disappointed.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother