The Most Powerful Beings of G1?

For innate power, I'd say Teridax while possessing Mata Nui's body. You could argue that he and Mata Nui were on the same level at the height of their power but Mata Nui never really did anything. He just flew around space and ignored everything happening internally. Teridax, however, was actively more dangerous, both internal and external. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he still had access to his 42 kraata powers.

That said, I'd say the great beings are the most powerful that we know of. True, they probably lack any super powers but think about how much they created. They made the Mata Nui robot. They invented elemental powers. Heck, they practically invented every power. They forged the Ignika, a mask that can create and control life itself. Even if they are as strong as wet tissue paper, they could still blow up the planet if they felt like it. Again.

Exactly my point.

cringe

For innate power, I'd say Teridax while possessing Mata Nui's body. You could argue that he and Mata Nui were on the same level at the height of their power but Mata Nui never really did anything. He just flew around space and ignored everything happening internally. Teridax, however, was actively more dangerous, both internal and external. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he still had access to his 42 kraata powers.

That said, I'd say the great beings are the most powerful that we know of. True, they probably lack any super powers but think about how much they created. They made the Mata Nui robot. They invented elemental powers. Heck, they practically invented every power. They forged the Ignika, a mask that can create and control life itself. Even if they are as strong as wet tissue paper, they could still blow up the planet if they felt like it. Again.

Exactly my point.

You need to remember that Mata Nui was designed to explore space, and the Matoran were designed to take care of Mata Nui while he did his job. Teridax wanted to conquer, and Mata Nui had a job he needed to do. 

MN was the good student, and Terry goofed off in class, basically. :P

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

This is a good thread. I like this thread.

In terms of power, though, I'd say the list is about as follows -

Mata-Nui (Robot)

Tren Krom

Golden-Skinned Being

Artahka (On-Island)

Karzahni (On-Island)

Brtuaka (Antidermis Charged)

Teridax

Voporak

Tuyet (Toa Stone)*

Toa Nuva (No Toa Code)

Element Lords

Artahka (Off-Island)

Miserix

Takanuva (Karda-Nui)

Icarax

Botar

Helryx*

The Shadowed One

Karda-Nui Makuta

Brutaka/Axonn

Average OoMN Member

Average Makuta

Karzahni (Off-Island)

Toa Nuva
Powerful Dark Hunters/Piraka

Takanuva(Normal)

Toa Inika

Barraki

Average BoM Servant

Toa Mata

Average Toa (Mahri, Metru, etc.)*

Average Dark Hunter

POWER GAP

Unimportant Characters

I've also lowered Toa a few ranks below where they should reasonably be, because of the Toa Code and so forth which bind them. If a Toa is actually using their full power, they're only just below the Makuta in terms of power; we know this because what's-his-face supposedly used his iron powers to outright kill a Makuta.

Mata-Nui is a no-brainer.

Tren Krom is very much similar to a god or demon in the Matoran Universe. His power isn't completely know, but it was enough to keep the entire Federation terrified. Of course, he's limited pretty much to one island; set free, we have no way of knowing just how powerful he really was.

Artahka, while on his island, is known to have access to immense power and resources. Teleporting people, using telepathy, providing virtually and equipment at will. If we further add the Matoran, Crystal Serpents, and so forth to his span of control, he's capable of fending off the army of the Brotherhood of Makuta single-handedly; if we expand his power to include his contacts, such as the Order, he can have anyone in the universe killed, including Makuta, with a few words. His "off-island" rating his based on the fact we know he was enough of a threat to at least cow Miserix, but not... well, we'll get to her.

Karzahni's power seems to fluctuate. I'd project the given amount based on his seeming authority on the island, including military forces, combined with what we know of his mask, ability to channel energy attacks, and that he was at least on par with Artahka. His "off-island" power is projected based on comparing his performance in The Pit versus the other players involved; of course, as he was mutated by the Pit, it's difficult to give an accurate rating.

The Golden Skinned being has the power to make dreams reality; it is essentially in possession of nearly unlimited power, perhaps even more than Tren Krom and the like. Its ability to create an entire settlement by willing it shows power at least equal to Artahka and Karzahni; that it created it from nothing, even more so.

Brutaka, with full antidermis powers, appears to have the ability to not only see the future, but also all of his old powers, and those of the Makuta. Even if Shadow is missing, this makes him a very dangerous adversary, and more powerful than any entity other than the "world builders".

Teridax is ranked next not just because of sheer power, but because of how he uses it. He's thrashed Miserix and Icarax, both established to be "most powerful" at some point. Further, his encounter with Karzahni shows his willpower and ability to be enough to shatter the effects of a near-legendary mask; his ability to wear the Mask of Shadows shows similar immense will. And while this is speculation, I find it difficult to imagine he couldn't either overpower or out-think Artahka simply enough, if it came down to a forced confrontation off-island.

Voporak can age light (somehow) and wipe out armies of Rahkshi. He is definitely more than a match for pretty much any Makuta other than Teridax, who could win only by outsmarting him.

Tuyet, in possession of the Toa Stone, is just shy of Teridax. She might even become more powerful, if she uses the Stone enough. Further, as she has no moral compulsion to follow the Toa Code, she's easily the most dangerous being in the Matoran Universe; enough so that we know she barely considered the other beings in the Core Processor to be a threat. Add in the element of surprise - nobody really comprehends just how dangerous she is, after all - and you have the most dangerous Toa in the MU.

The Element Lords are basically the embodiments of their elements, as Teridax embodies shadow. This is only a guesstimate, based on what we know about them.

Miserix was known to be the most powerful Makuta, until Teridax proved him wrong. He's presumably not a match for Tuyet either, so he goes down here. Icarax was also very powerful, but there's a slight power gap between him and Mixerix, which is easily filled by Takanuva with his full charge from Karda-Nui. While there, in possession of both heightened light powers and shadow, Takanuva showed himself more than a match for the Makuta; and that was with some remaining morals, and being held back. Of course, without his power-bump, he is (presumably) less powerful than the Toa Nuva. Whatever Greg says, I guess.

Helryx is said to be one of the most powerful beings on the OoMN, and at least a match for a fleet of Dark Hunters. She may be less "powerful" than Gali and the other Nuva, but she's far more experienced, and willing to get things done.

The Shadowed One seemed fairly confident that he could take Teridax, but wound up being out-maneuvered by both him and Vakama; not to mention out-powered. But while he couldn't match the Leader of the Brotherhood, there are certainly other Makuta; and while Icarax or Miserix could presumably thrash him, I'd consider it safe to place him on a level above the others.

The Karda-Nui Maktua were the elites of their kind, so just below that. Brutaka and Axonn were tough for the OoMN, but both were below the more powerful Makuta, and below Botar. Botar would presumably be even higher than he is on the list, going off of his dealing with the Barraki and Teridax, but Icarax crushing him (literally) bumps his power level down.

The OoMN, in terms of "members", is presumably even smaller than the Brotherhood; evidence shows this may be the case, with some beings such as Krakua acting as allies, but that being the extent of it. We also know, thanks to the fate of Tridax and Kojol, that these members can deal with Makuta quite effectively; thus, their ranking goes just above that of the average Makuta.

The Toa Nuva are said to be the most powerful Toa. If they were to make use of their full power, as Gali was forced to against Icarax, they'd be higher; considering they're presumably above the Element Lords, placing them on that level seems the most appropriate.

The Toa Inika were a new kind of Toa, for their short time with intertwined lightning powers, and with intelligent masks to aid them. While Greg tells us they're below the Toa Nuva, I have my doubts on that. But we'll respect Word of Greg on this.

The Piraka rank between them, along with (presumably) the other powerful Dark Hunters, such as Lariska (not "powerful", but we know what she con do) and Ancient. While they showed themselves as more powerful than an individual Inika, their collective group was unable to work together well, and was trumped. They were less powerful than the Toa Nuva, but won because of the element of surprise, their ruthless actions, and the aid of Brutaka.

The Barraki, I'm guesstimating. We know that some didn't consider Toa to be a threat, while others (like Takadox) were more wary. In any case, they were smart, and we're unsure of just how far their abilities extend; thus, they rank where they are.

Pridak being a former BoM servant, and a powerful one, bumps him above beings like Sidorak, who were Brotherhood servants. However, based on testimony of such beings, we can be at least somewhat sure that some of these servants, such as Roodaka, went above the average Toa. Presumably, because of experience, even the Toa Mata. So there they are.

Toa Mata go above the average Toa, because story reason and stuff. And, in turn, the average Toa presumably trumps the average Dark Hunter, based on the fact it took two of them (Nidihka and Krekka) to nab a single Toa (experience aside; both were equal in that department).

------------------------

So yeah, that's the closest I can think of to an accurate power gauge. Some things may be off, but whatever.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Upvote 2

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

2006 made sense, because they'd never dealt with Skakdi, and the Turaga knew nothing of the Piraka's involvement, so they didn't know what to expect. And Brutaka's pretty dang powerful to begin with. Six Piraka allied with Brutaka on antidermis/steroids and the fact that they were completely unknown to the Nuva made perfect sense.

2008 also made sense because one Makuta (Teridax) overpowered them as a team before. This time, they were up against a team of Makuta. If Teridax gave them a hard time, then 8 Makuta banded together would be more than enough to decimate the Nuva.

It might make sense logically but it doesn't make it extraordinarily thrilling for the narrative to have the Toa get utterly wiped out because they "didn't know what to expect". The defeat of the Nuva in 2006 was narratively sound as it effectively removed the Toa Nuva from the big picture while giving leeway for a new set of heroes to appear. But at the same time it feels like defeat for the sake of defeat rather than an actual struggle, which is why I am sure lots of people have gripes with the Nuva's treatment that year. They are supposedly the most powerful Toa ever, so they should have more ups in both battles than just downs (and I understand Brutaka is OP but one swipe? Come on).

You make a good point about 2008 - however, I would have preferred to see the Toa do what they did in 2003 and team up to actually reach the level of the assembled Makuta. There was moments like that in Shadows in the Sky but everything else afterwards were small vignettes of separate Toa fighting their own battles. As a result, we never get to see the Toa Nuva reach their full potential as a team, and the writing made it so that we didn't see their full potential as individuals either (except maybe Lewa, and arguably Pohatu). I liked the way it turned out, but it definitely didn't help make the Toa Nuva appear to be the "strongest Toa of all time". 

My point is, defeating every threat they come across easily is boring, but having them have an immense struggle every time undermines the supposed level of strength. It creates an image that maybe the Toa Nuva aren't all that powerful but their Unity and wits are what helps them to overcome foes. This is, in part, true - but then you have descriptions like "The Toa Nuva are the most powerful Toa in all of existence" and it leaves you wondering "seriously?" 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

(and I understand Brutaka is OP but one swipe? Come on).

You make a good point about 2008 - however, I would have preferred to see the Toa do what they did in 2003 and team up to actually reach the level of the assembled Makuta. There was moments like that in Shadows in the Sky but everything else afterwards were small vignettes of separate Toa fighting their own battles. As a result, we never get to see the Toa Nuva reach their full potential as a team, and the writing made it so that we didn't see their full potential as individuals either (except maybe Lewa, and arguably Pohatu). I liked the way it turned out, but it definitely didn't help make the Toa Nuva appear to be the "strongest Toa of all time". 

Well, seeing as they just spent the last day without their masks, almost completely drained of strength and elemental power, one swipe from an antidermis'd up Brutaka makes perfect sense.

On 2008, remember that teaming up allowed them to defeat one Makuta, and even then it was close. Yes, I know the '08 Makuta were holding back and slightly limited, but still, 8 of them would be pretty dang hard for anyone to defeat.

Yeah, I realize that it makes for a boring narrative, and the point (set-wise) was to set the stage for the new Toa, but life isn't always exciting, even for the Toa/Matoran. Sometimes the story has to reflect that. But I agree, the Nuva went down way too quickly at the hands of the Piraka.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~