LDD - MASTER OF LIGHT PROYECT

tumblr_inline_nqpqs0KYuu1rwr1f3_540.png

This is a MOC trying to recreate how Takanuva would look like in G2, trying to possess a balance between a solid custom build and functions.

This build is based on Titans like Brutaka and Maxilos, while still being at the same levels of the Toa.

tumblr_inline_nqpqsreNRB1rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqpqtpHSZU1rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqpr716fQh1rwr1f3_540.png

Some critics that reviewed the Winter Wave of BIONICLE 2015 sets had one nitpick, the fact that parts of the skeletons were quite exposed (Tahu's lower legs, for example); I felt the need to experiment with many pieces as possible, in order to have an effective back armor.

tumblr_inline_nqpqv5yId41rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqpqwry7sk1rwr1f3_540.png

Since 2008, I've always felt like the Matoran and Toa of Light were alien-esque beings; thus I gave this Master of Light a few weird gimmicks. Along with the basic points of articulation, there are 2 extra points to the boosters (in order for this Toa to give himself some direction in mid-air, like the Av-Toran's backpacks but with its own advantages, limitations and purposes), this along with another articulation point in the middle of the abdomen, for a more limber anatomy.

tumblr_inline_nqpqxyQzrI1rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqpqymgmzX1rwr1f3_540.png

This last articulation point (as well as the torso skeleton as a whole) has the most time and dedication I've put to this proyect, for secondary mission I've set for this project was to outmatch the torso skeleton of the original CCB system introduced in 2011. This skeleton had the purpose to recreate the same articulation of the human skeleton.

tumblr_inline_nqpqzjzWrd1rwr1f3_540.png

The weapons for the Master of Light are the Staff of Light as well as the Power Lance. The Staff of Light is all you get, it was quite simple and has more of a close-combat purpose, resembling a scythe. But the Power Lance (just like in G1) has the purpose to canalize and augment any elemental power; the transparent yellow are the effects the Master of Light has, but other Toa or elemental being can funnel different elements and thus the Power Lance could include different colors to represent their respective element.

tumblr_inline_nqpr0pyjCl1rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqpr1e7Day1rwr1f3_540.png

How about some little poses?

tumblr_inline_nqprbteLJF1rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqprcha7201rwr1f3_540.png

I don't know how to end this on a high note (plus I don't understand certain concepts used in the bulding process), but I wanted to recognize this work as a conceptual experiment in order to share ideas that I feel could work not only in this reboot, but also on the CCB system as a whole. Please feel free to comment on this proyect and learn the least I could offer in order to ramp up the potential this building system has. Thank you.

tumblr_inline_nqprdbTe691rwr1f3_540.png

BONUS: Color scheme of Takanuva '08 (Shadow Leech Effect/Master of Light and Shadow)

tumblr_inline_nqprey9xLW1rwr1f3_540.png

tumblr_inline_nqprglEh191rwr1f3_540.png

Ok, for real this time. Thanks for watching! ;P

Edited by SoosTheTricoloredBilingual
  • Upvote 1

Really like some of the techniques you've used on here, but I think you ought to have used a more coherent overall aesthetic. Basically, instead of using mismatching armor pieces, try and look for armor pieces that share certain motifs/stylisation and use them on the same MOC for a more consistent look. Also, I'm not too sure of some of the piece placements, like the chest pieces on the inner side of the forearm. Also, I really appreciate the use of the lion heads as shoulders; it's one of my favorite pieces. So all in all, good MOC (and cool weaponry) that could benefit from more consistency in general.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)