Where to LEGALLY buy Bionicle generation 2 ebooks readable on PC

Umm Durmán

Hey there folks, I have a problem. I've been searching through the net to find a LEGAL site, which would be selling the three Generation 2 books (Island of the lost masks, Revenge of the Skull spiders and Gathering of the Toa) and my success rate was very poor. I found out that Amazon's Kindle can be used on PC too. Now the problem is that Amazon offers only Revenge of the Skull spiders as a Kindle version. The other two books are only offered as physical copies. I searched the Aplle store too, but its ebook version isn't readable on a PC  :(

Does anybody know of a place where I could buy Island of the lost masks and Gathering of the Toa as ebooks, readable on a PC? Any help would be greatly appreciated  :begging:

Once more I would like to stress that in this thread I am talking about LEGAL buying of the books, so this thread does not violate BZP policy  :alert:

IhDIrLK.jpg

Could you really not find the other books available for Kindle? Here's Island of Lost Masks, and here's Gathering of the Toa. These links should work to pull up the Kindle versions for purchase, but if not, switching to the Kindle version is as easy as choosing a different format on the page underneath the title and publisher information. Hope this helps!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Could you really not find the other books available for Kindle? Here's Island of Lost Masks, and here's Gathering of the Toa. These links should work to pull up the Kindle versions for purchase, but if not, switching to the Kindle version is as easy as choosing a different format on the page underneath the title and publisher information. Hope this helps!

Hey there, thanks for your reply, but the links you posted have a problem - There should be a buy button in the top right part of the book pages you posted. There is such a button on the Revenge of the Skull Spiders Kindle amazon page (it is called "Buy now with 1-click"). The problem is that on the Kindle amazon page of both Island of the Lost Masks and Gathering of the Toa there is no such button - Instead there is a sign reading "This title is not currently available for purchase"  :(

IhDIrLK.jpg

Are you on the American store?  I've run into the same problem on multiple Canadian stores.  I don't think it's physically possible to legally obtain a digital copy of the Island of the Lost Masks in Canada.

That being said, you might also want to check out iTunes as well as Kobo.

Kobo Links:

Island of Lost Masks -- This displays as unavailable for me.  If you can't get it at this link, then I think you can safely say that it is just not possible to get the book legally (because I think Kobo and iTunes share the non-Kindle ebook licenses with a few other websites).

Gathering of the Toa -- This one should work.  This was how I got my copy of the book.

And if you aren't looking at pirating books that you physically cannot pay money for, then here's my brief review of both books:

Island of Lost Masks -- Watch the 2015 online animations and you won't miss anything.

Gathering of the Toa -- Amazing artwork, might even be better to own a hard copy.

Let me know if you want to know more.  You have found a fellow frustrated ebook obtainer.

Hey there, thanks for your reply, but the links you posted have a problem - There should be a buy button in the top right part of the book pages you posted. There is such a button on the Revenge of the Skull Spiders Kindle amazon page (it is called "Buy now with 1-click"). The problem is that on the Kindle amazon page of both Island of the Lost Masks and Gathering of the Toa there is no such button - Instead there is a sign reading "This title is not currently available for purchase"  :(

That's odd—for me, the "Buy now with 1-click" button is there and functional on both of those pages. Is it possible that it's a regional issue based on where you're located? That's my best guess but honestly I don't know enough about Amazon or how it operates to know for sure.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Excuse my ignorance, but are these actual novels are just graphic novels? If actual novels, is there a legal source for non-Kindle format?

Gathering of the Toa and the not-yet-released Battle of the Mask Makers are both graphic novels. Island of Lost Masks and Revenge of the Skull Spiders are regular prose novels/chapter books. You can either order them online from a site like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books-a-Million, look for them in large brick-and-mortar bookstores like Barnes and Noble or Books-a-Million, or go to a bookstore like those and request to have them shipped to the store.

In countries besides the United States, ordering them online might be your only option, since I'm not aware of any international editions.

^Due to vision loss, I'm unable to read printed texts, and graphic novels are inaccessible even in eBook format. Sadly, despite it being probably the most widely used format for paid eBooks, Kindle is the one common text format my talking eReader doesn't support, and I've had no luck finding an easy to use Linux solution for converting Kindle eBooks to other formats.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

^Due to vision loss, I'm unable to read printed texts, and graphic novels are inaccessible even in eBook format. Sadly, despite it being probably the most widely used format for paid eBooks, Kindle is the one common text format my talking eReader doesn't support, and I've had no luck finding an easy to use Linux solution for converting Kindle eBooks to other formats.

Is your ereader Adobe-compatible?  That would seem to be your best bet.

Here is a link to the ebook version of Island of Lost Masks.