A Poll For Bronies

Makuta_of_Oz

Which do you like better?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unlike the majority of BZPers, I'm actually beginning to grow tired of the My Little Pony meme. I believe this meme has gotten so out of hand that everyone is favouring it over Bionicle, and I'm concerned. Which franchise, Bionicle or My Little Pony, do you like better overall? Prove me right or wrong.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

This is a little too specific with its off-topicness than I'm prepared to allow here. This poll is much more about a Hasbro franchise than it is about Lego - and the question is better suited for a blog.Moreover, while it's memetic to some, I think you're devaluing the fact that many fans of My Little Pony enjoy is for its own merit - and not all people who enjoy the show are part of the "Brony" subculture. I've been a fan of My Little Pony since I was a small child; I grew up watching the original with my sister (and I originally used this avatar on BZ years before the new show was even on the air!). I enjoy Friendship is Magic even more than the original, but I'm not part of that whole "Brony" group - I'm just a person who likes a certain cute cartoon and I'm prepared to leave it at that. I think it does a disservice to individuals to label everyone who enjoys the cartoon as part of that subculture.Furthermore, I don't see the point in being so divisive. Aren't people allowed to like two or more things simultaneously? I like Lego, Transformers, My Little Pony, renaissance drama, rock and roll music, American literature, guitar playing, the Wizard of Oz, alcohol, Calvin and Hobbes, and more...there's nothing wrong with that. And what's worrisome about liking one thing more than another thing? Why be "concerned" about that, as you said? I like Bionicle, but it's hardly my paramount interest. What's wrong with that? Nothing at all.There's not much of a point to this thread, I'm afraid, and it's a little too divisive for my tastes.

Edited by McSmeag
bring back "an cool dude"