The Legend Of Ignaqua

Ignaqua

The Legend of Ignaqua has been released about one year ago.Rated as the most ambitious Bionicle independant film, it has been viewed by thousands of Bionicle fans and stop-motion enthousiasts. The production team joins me to thank all the viewers for their kind comments and encourage the new members to discover our movie.Merry Chrismas and Happy new yearJC DruezTrailerhttp://vimeo.com/18187010Full moviehttp://vimeo.com/17983951

oh, i remember this. i loved it, the 3d in it with the moving mouths combined with the special affect environments with mocs moving around in them blew my mind. i still havent finished it though... time to change that

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Oh yeah, I remember watching this a year back - the best (in both animation and story quality) stop-motion Bionicle film I've ever watched. Awesome work :)EDIT: Post #300 ^_^

Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 3 weeks later...

This film is dazzling. There is nothing I can compare it to.The story required a bit of suspension of disbelief. The use of canon characters in decidedly non-canon contexts was at first jarring. I will admit that I didn't feel much attachment to any of the characters -- though I was a bit bothered when Nokama and Flora Nui carried Hydraxon away while escaping the throne room, but just left Vakama there -- but the story was well-written and well-thought out. You score some nostalgia appeal for portraying Makuta and Mata Nui as intangible presences.Most of the mocs left quite a bit to be desired, in my opinion. However, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts -- no pun intended.The animation may not be the most lifelike that I've seen, but it is nevertheless mostly smooth and believable enough, and the editing of the masks to show speech and facial expressions lent a unique type of life to the characters, which I have never seen in any other Bionicle stop-motion film. There were a couple places where the animation seemed slightly jerky, particularly the underwater scene with the Gadunka, but this just brought to mind old monster movies and their use of stop-motion and puppetry, thereby adding to the appeal of this film. Also, as a person with no knowledge of French (aside from basic phonics and the phrase 'Allons-y'), watching it with the English subtitles felt very much like watching the old Templar animations from 2001-03. More nostalgia appeal there.The scenery was amazing; I won't even ask how much editing that required. Every shot was beautiful. Even in the hypothetical absence of the story, I would still easily be able to believe in the world it portrayed. Another great touch was the use of creative and unconventional angles, such as the first-person view when Vakama falls into the ocean, and again while he is fighting the Barraki clones in the city. I think it was this, the visuals, that I appreciated most of all.Lastly, despite the serious tone of the story, I was amused multiple times. The Matoran playing frisbee with a rhotuka, Nokama's line about being one foot tall, the spring popping out of the Barraki's eye socket, and the Matoran playing the violin at the end all made me smile.The bottom line is that The Legend of Ignaqua is a work of absolute beauty, which I immensely enjoyed. I doubt there will ever be another film quite like it.

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

• 2 weeks later...

This film is dazzling. There is nothing I can compare it to.The story required a bit of suspension of disbelief. The use of canon characters in decidedly non-canon contexts was at first jarring. I will admit that I didn't feel much attachment to any of the characters -- though I was a bit bothered when Nokama and Flora Nui carried Hydraxon away while escaping the throne room, but just left Vakama there -- but the story was well-written and well-thought out. You score some nostalgia appeal for portraying Makuta and Mata Nui as intangible presences.Most of the mocs left quite a bit to be desired, in my opinion. However, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts -- no pun intended.The animation may not be the most lifelike that I've seen, but it is nevertheless mostly smooth and believable enough, and the editing of the masks to show speech and facial expressions lent a unique type of life to the characters, which I have never seen in any other Bionicle stop-motion film. There were a couple places where the animation seemed slightly jerky, particularly the underwater scene with the Gadunka, but this just brought to mind old monster movies and their use of stop-motion and puppetry, thereby adding to the appeal of this film. Also, as a person with no knowledge of French (aside from basic phonics and the phrase 'Allons-y'), watching it with the English subtitles felt very much like watching the old Templar animations from 2001-03. More nostalgia appeal there.The scenery was amazing; I won't even ask how much editing that required. Every shot was beautiful. Even in the hypothetical absence of the story, I would still easily be able to believe in the world it portrayed. Another great touch was the use of creative and unconventional angles, such as the first-person view when Vakama falls into the ocean, and again while he is fighting the Barraki clones in the city. I think it was this, the visuals, that I appreciated most of all.Lastly, despite the serious tone of the story, I was amused multiple times. The Matoran playing frisbee with a rhotuka, Nokama's line about being one foot tall, the spring popping out of the Barraki's eye socket, and the Matoran playing the violin at the end all made me smile.The bottom line is that The Legend of Ignaqua is a work of absolute beauty, which I immensely enjoyed. I doubt there will ever be another film quite like it.

Hello Jackson Lake,Thank you very much for watching and commenting. This is one of the most detailed review we have read about the Legend of Ignaqua. I truly appreciate your appreciation that sounds very sincere.JC Druez