Makuta

B.M.800

My apologies for the grainy pictures... also for the size. Image resizing seems to be beyond me...

Here, is a brickshelf link to mkI. Most of this guy was... absorbed into mkII. You know how these characters are absorbing other beings and each other...  Ha. Funny.

Legs extended stands just under 20in. Not terribly stable, however it does stand on its own. Rushed through the arms, just a single joint at the shoulder, as such they cant really support their own weight. Feet had a double ball joint and as such dont have much side to side movement.

I didnt have a 4th gunmetal takadox head, so some not so good improvising on the right shoulder.

mkIII will be better I hope. Maybe I will have learned how to take better pictures.

img_4546.jpg

img_4559.jpg

Brickshelf folder of mkII

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day fellow Lego nerds!

Edited by B.M.800
  • Upvote 3

Doah!

I feel like he needs a bigger weapon, Makuta usually has some big staff with him. The leg's also feel a bit long and the colours scheme is slightly dull. That said this build is of an amazing size and it's clearly been put together well. It's quite remarkable really.

• Upvote 1

Thank!

The weapon, arms and feet were kinda rushed. The weapon is kind of a scepter type thing. Maybe it can shoot energy or something... at the very least, it can be used to clout adversaries over the head. :D

I like the way those takadox heads fit with the nuva chest armor. I thought that was pretty slick. Just wish they were the same shade.

mkiii should be fun.

Doah!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Just how large it is deserves praise; it looks very stable as well. I also appreciate the satyr-like legs; it helps give Makuta a much-deserved Devil feel. There are a couple things I'm not a fan of, though. The bits of green are out of place. Makuta's traditional red, even dark red, would flow better. It would also look more dignified if the shoulders were not asymetrical (though you would have to work through not having another gunmetal Takadox head). I'm not quite sold on the horns; the Kraahkan is so menacing on its own, yet the horns add to the Devil aesthetic.

Overall, a very nice model. Generally, the core of the model is very well-made, with a few cosmetic issues keeping it from being a perfect 10. (I'd rate it an 8.5 right now.) I'd love seeing a revamp of this model to see it reach its full potential.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...