Professor Layton

PowerMiner

This is a topic for the amazing gaming puzzle series created by Level-5. I have played only "Professor Layton And the Unwound Future" So far, and I really enjoy it. I have yet to beat it though. Please keep spoilers in spoiler tags when talking about the story.I watched the movie "Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva" earlier today, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was quite interesting, as well as the characters, music, and places.~PowerMiner~

When you finish Unwound Future, you should definitely pick up Professor Layton and the Last Specter, which just came out in October - it's a prologue to all the other games that shows how Layton met Luke and Emmy. Curious Village and Diabolical Box are good as well, if a little rougher around the edges. Love these games - a great way to relax and endlessly charming. Can't wait for Mask of Miracles and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (assuming the latter comes out in English...)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Can't wait for Mask of Miracles and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (assuming the latter comes out in English...)

I've heard that game is likely coming out in English (apparently English names from the game have been released. Of course I haven't heard anything official yet). I'm very much interested in that game.Though I have yet to play a Professor Layton game (despite being aware of the series for around a year now). I'm always a fan of mysteries and puzzles, so I've been considering checking the series out due to the newest game (regardless of whether it comes out in English or not). Do most of these games stand on their own or would it be best to play in order (or what's a good game to start with)?

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Can't wait for Mask of Miracles and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (assuming the latter comes out in English...)

I've heard that game is likely coming out in English (apparently English names from the game have been released. Of course I haven't heard anything official yet). I'm very much interested in that game.Though I have yet to play a Professor Layton game (despite being aware of the series for around a year now). I'm always a fan of mysteries and puzzles, so I've been considering checking the series out due to the newest game (regardless of whether it comes out in English or not). Do most of these games stand on their own or would it be best to play in order (or what's a good game to start with)?
The games mostly stand on their own, though characters do reappear from game to game. The games are divided into two trilogies, the original trilogy (which goes Curious Village -> Diabolical Box -> Unwound Future) and the prequel trilogy (Last Specter -> Mask of Miracles (not yet released in US) -> A to-be-announced sixth game). The prequel trilogy is when Eternal Diva takes place, too (between Last Specter and Mask of Miracles). Personally, I love all the games, so I'd say play them all starting with Curious Village, but if you don't feel like making that big an investment Last Specter is a great starting point.

Can anyone give me some sort of hint to the "Dream House" puzzle in the Unwound future?I'm pretty stuck. Even if it is an optional puzzle.. I think..~PowerMiner~

The rooms don't all need to be the same size, just the same shape. And feel free to use your hint coins - they're pretty common, so as long as you don't buy all the hints all the time you shouldn't have to worry about running out.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I've played the first game (Professor Layton and the Curious Village), but that's about it. I'm not a guy big on puzzle games, but the intriguing plot kept me going. I also love Professor Layton's debonair mannerisms.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"