Interesting Line in BL3

Master Inika

Today I opened BIONICLE Legends #3: Power Play to a random page, and it was this one:0b40bd1c-c464-4a74-b527-3095f782204a.jpe

The 5,000 year comments struck me. It's definitely out of line with later canon, which is that the Ignika was only used one other time, about 79,100 years earlier, by a Toa in Jovan's team. The idea that the BIONICLE apocalypse almost happened multiple times is an interesting thought, but in my opinion would have weakened the value of Matoro's sacrifice. Still, it's interesting to think what the story would have looked like if this line of thought was retained.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think it's just saying it might be used once about every 5k years under normal circumstances. There's a lot of weird lines in Bionicle that betray scrapped story directions, but I'm not so sure that this is one of 'em.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Now I'm picturing Mata Nui passing through solar flares or wacky Star Trek-style cosmic radiation clouds or whatever that disrupt Karda Nui's function, resulting in someone having to use the Ignika to get things back on track every so often.

Edited by GarryTheSkrall

Boom.