To discuss the Amazing Steampunk book trilogy, if anybody else here has read it. I just finished it myself.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I read the first book, havn't seen the others around yet, but i'm definitely interested in reading them. Scott's a masterful writer, and this series is one of his greater works.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

I'm on the second book right now. Love Steampunk and glad I found a good book series on the genre.Also love the illistrations. Keith Thompson certainly can capture mechanical and organic designs.Anyone else hoping for movies for this book series? I feel it could be pulled off as long as they stick pretty closely to the story.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I managed to pick up both the books on an insane discounted price... but I have yet to read them. I like pretty much all of Westerfeld's writing and imagine Leviathan to be no different.

Edited by Sisen

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Yeah, i love the pictures too! my favorite is the one in golaith after the herculean indunation, and i think keiths style of characters really fits with the time period the book takes place in

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I actually first heard about Leviathan in a Writing Excuses podcast " Visual Components of Storytelling ( With Scott Westerfield.)". It sounded interesting so I reserved it from my library.Also; Purchased Behemoth from an bookstore today. I considered getting it as an eBook but the pictures looked fuzzy and they're half the reason I like the books.

Honestly, the books wouldn't be near as good if they didn't have the illustrations. Not saying that Westerfeld is bad, I'm just saying, the artwork just adds that much more to the story.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Leviathan is one of the few books I've read where the illustrations enhance the story without making it seem the tiniest bit childish. Props to the illustrator: He's brilliant.I've only read Leviathan, but if the next two books in the series are as good as the first, this series will be one of my favorites. Scott Westerfeld isn't a very poetic writer, but he doesn't need to be with his focus on plot and characterization.

Leviathan and Behemoth are both great. But I really don't want to read Goliath for fear of characters' shipping really getting on considering I don't want to see said shipping in it.

?, shipping?golaith, is even better then leviathan and behemoth. it only took me less then 12 hours to read, thats how exciting it was

Leviathan and Behemoth are both great. But I really don't want to read Goliath for fear of characters' shipping really getting on considering I don't want to see said shipping in it.

?, shipping?golaith, is even better then leviathan and behemoth. it only took me less then 12 hours to read, thats how exciting it was
I won't lie. I flipped through the book once at a store, which was why I'm loath to read it. There's nothing wrong with romance...But I'm really averse to that couple in that series.Not to mention I'm really averse to how the ending appeared to have turned out. For me the series just ended with Behemoth. Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.