Fan And Sets Scrutinization

Devorath

Could you be a little bit more specific? When you say scrutinization, do you mean people are less likely to take Bionicle builds seriously?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I imagine there's a couple different factors; for one, Bionicle and other Technic parts can be rather specialized, and that limits how easily they can be used in creating wholly original creations. It's possible there's even a belief that these specialized parts remove some of the skill required, since they provide unusual pieces out-of-the-box, rather than requiring one to make equivalents themselves (though I have to admit this probably isn't a very common sentiment.)Some people probably also feel that Lego "should" be just bricks, rather than Technic parts (which, if I'm not mistaken, rarely if ever work well with traditional bricks when it comes to construction.)

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

LEGO is LEGO. I can see where people could get frustrated - especially the hardcore LEGO purists. I haven't seen this on BZPower, though. Why? Well, for one thing, this is a BIONICLE board that's slowly evolving to a general constraction forum. Not many of those LEGO purists even give us a second thought - much less join BZP for only about one forum or so of discussion.Plus, it's not like constraction isn't real LEGO. The most impressive MOCs I've seen utilize fusion, in some sort. Constraction lines have been around since before BIONICLE. People think that BIONICLE was the beginning, middle, and end for constraction. It's not. Does no one remember the Slizers and their ilk?People will scrutinize. I haven't noticed it, but I haven't really looked around for it either.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg