R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

IC (Forum)"I do not think this could work. For a variety of reasons, what if whichever nation commanded it, a nation that would know everything about it, decided to kill off the crew members not of that nation and turn the guns against us? Of if another nation launched a raid disguised as a resupply and turned their guns against Earth? It will not work. It cannot work." The Bylan said. The Space Force would have too much power, better for nations and alliances to rule space and not some easily subverted international force.He returned his eyes to his book and to the courageous steamer that now battled with an Elder God...

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: "While I agree that we must show a united face to other races, I believe it should be in the form of a conditional alliance: that any alien threat should be met by unconditional dedication of all forces to its elimination." The Aquileonese ambassador said. "Aquileon is developing weapons based on the armor discovered at the crash site, and will share that technology with anyone who wishes to join the alliance. Any member of the alliance who diverted their forces to take advantage of other nations' weakness would be guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity, namely sabotaging the human war effort, and would be subject to maximum punishment. I propose the name United Nations Space Command for this alliance." :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

IC (Forum)"I would prefer a simple agreement, whilst our nations are free to militarize space, once an outside threat shows up they are to unify and face it. Even if they are in the middle of a war." The Bylan said, tearing his eyes away from the steamer and the creature it fought.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: The Varangian representative arrived somewhat late to the meeting, just in time to catch the Aquileonese proposal."That," the Varangian said, finding a seat, "could very well work. I can think of no clear reason to refuse that plan, considering that it protects both our sovereignty and our necks."OOC: Yes, the Gauss Rifle technology is what was offered in exchange for the F-2 rifles.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Without looking up, the Astarian responded; "Then we make it clear an attack on the Space Force constitutes a declaration of war against all of us, and we burn the attacking nation to the ground. Spaceships are offensive, nearly useless for defense." She read as the grand King of Aquilonia stabbed his sage blessed sword into the side of a "Demon Of The Elder World""As for the name, how about something simpler; "The Earth Alliance?""

Edited by cardworkMagician
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: "Agreed, but a space force is useless if ground forces cannot take places the navy has blockaded. it will take more than spaceships to win an interstellar war--and interstellar it will be, for I can assure you that ship came from nowhere in this system. One pressing question we must answer is 'how did it get here'?":w:

IC:"Was the surface pitted, like oxygenated metal in a bad weld?"

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC (Forum)The Bylan shook his head. They could continue this debate later. "We do not even have the technology needed to make these space-born battleships. Let us focus on reality for a moment. I agree with my counterparts question...we need to know how this vessel got here. Any theories?" The Bylan returned his eyes to his book just as the steamer rammed itself into the horrid body of the Elder God.

IC:"That's why I ask, if the surface was smooth, either the ship protected itself from high-speed dust with some sort of shield, or it avoided the dust altogether, which meant it avoided space. Faster than light travel, tearing through the dimensions." The King of Aquilonia watched as the body of the demon disappeared entirely, it's soul-tearing form banished, at least for now.

-Rover

IC(Forum): "What I'm more interested in than theorizing on how the vessel got here is the establishment of a protocol for contact with living, sapient extraterrestrials."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Forum)"I purpose we wait for our soldiers to return with their findings. Speculation is great, but we do need some hard evidence to base it of off. My counterpart's question is an excellent example of this. What shape was the hull in? If they possess faster then light travel..." The High Councilor shuddered involuntarily even as the steamer made it's way home with two passengers, one mad and one all to sane.

IC:"A job for men and women not us, though I'd guess it'd be fairly similar to what we did when we met each other.""Also, the invisible octagonal pod the Varangians took. Whatever that is, must be important."

-Rover

IC(Kiserre/weapons): The offer from Varangia was accepted, and the shipment of rifles which had been prepared long before was sent out.OOC: Lloyd, the only other person who bought rifles at all was Alex, and he did so with IP (for two weeks or so, and I didn't even use it). Close to money I guess but whatever. It's fairly irrelevant. At least as far as I care.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: "The pod is being studied at the Royal Academy of Sciences as we speak. As soon as it has been opened, you will know.""Under the understanding that this organization will serve as a defensive pact, Varangia supports it."---In fact, one of the first things done with the pod was the application of a full coat of fluorescent paint, to allow the full shape of the object to be seen, including any details that might indicate some kind of opening.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Forum)"Oh very well. Aye. Expect a nasty letter if this fails." Said the High Councilor even as he pulled out another book from his briefcase, this one titled simply: Magon. It was by the same author and dealt with a fellow being trapped on a strange landmass that had just risen from the waves.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:The Astarian representative lifted her glass, saying "To the Unsc!" She pronounced it phonetically, by the Aquilionese language, then paused and said "the abbreviation needs work, but so does everything else" and proceeded to down her drink, then send for a bottle of wine to celebrate the occasion; she had a mind to see whether she could out-drink her Stan and Bylan's counterparts.

-Rover

IC:"So do the Bylans play drinking games?" The Astarian asked. "I'd guess so, based on the omnipresent mead..."

-Rover

IC (Forum)"Oh. Once in awhile. Mostly at night. We gather about the fire or if that is unavailable, a source of light and proceed to try to terrify each other with tales and such as. Every time someone is frightened, they must drink some mead." The High Councilor replied, not quite believing what he was discussing.

IC:"That it? Nothing but mead, and all horror themed? A bit restricted. We have a drinking game for almost everything."

-Rover

IC (Forum)"I am not an expert on the subject. I only know what I prefer." The High Councilor said before burying his head into his book. The man crawled upon the rapidly drying landmass, seeing dead things he could not describe buried in the horrid muck...

IC:Disappointed, the Astarian returned to her book, shrugging.

-Rover

IC (Forum)"Touch my mead and there will be trouble. I would have thought the vote would have settled that. Logically, any nation willing to vote for it is willing to join it." Said the High Councilor, face glued to his book. The men continued onwards into the newly risen island, seeing pools of dark water and dying creatures all about.

OOC: It's Sunday. INDUSTRY REPOOOOOOOORTProvincesW14 - Super Province - 100 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Small State February 8th)W15 - Super Province - 100 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Medium State February 8th)W16 - Super Province - 100 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Small State February 8th)X15 - Super Province - 100 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Capitol February 8th)X16 - Super Province - 100 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Small State February 8th)P12 - Small Territory - 1 IP - 0 Battalions - (Started May 15th - Next Upgrade June 12th [delayed one week by colonization])A13 - Settlement - 0 IP - 0 Battalions (Started June 6th - Next Upgrade June 13th)Total IP: 501Military Outposts-X12Under ConstructionPontolis Supply Lines - 10 IP2 Eyðing - 40 IP - 7 Days - Wait yep those finish today, Sunday. ScratchingPontolis City Reconstruction - 30 IPPontolis Infrastructure Reconstruction - 30 IP (June 21)Total Cost: 70 IPRemaining IP: 421Military (Standard Troops Excluded)3 Suzume Helicopter (Gifted from Kiserre) - Upkeep: Total of 36 Snekkja Patrol Boats - Upkeep: 182 Lynkrage Zeppelin - Upkeep: 123 Platoons VO - Upkeep: 6 (The only thing that increased in upkeep after the change)1 Skemmdarvargur - Upkeep: 164 Haförninn - Upkeep: 86 Hvirfilbylur - Upkeep: 105 Skyerne - Upkeep: 11 Biskup - Upkeep: 14Total Cost: 88 IPTotal Remaining IP: 333ResearchProject Luminous: 75 IPAdvanced Hydrogen Fuel Cells - 70 IPDeep-diving submarines (80 IP) - June 11thStealth Submarines (60 IP) - June 11thTotal Cost: 295Total Remaining IP: 48

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"I vote against banning drinks" the Ambassador said. "And, given it was our idea and all, Astaria is willing to join. We also offer the isle of Calderon as a terrestrial base. Right on the equator, with a high mountain. Also it's not on any particular continent, important for being international, and oh look, there just happens to be a space launch facility there already."

-Rover

IC: "I am somewhat concerned about the fact that intoxicating beverages in Forum meetings is an issue requiring discussion. We certainly do not allow our generals to order troop movements while they are drunk."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"This stuff's watered down. A lot." The representative said. "Wait, you don't let your generals order while drunk?"At the looks that would either say 'that's awful' or 'that explains a lot', the ambassador said "it was a JOKE, people."

-Rover

IC (Forum)"You do realize it takes quite a few drinks to inhibit function yes? I see no problem with drinking as a stress relieving activity. High amounts of stress are far more counter-productive then a dash of alcohol here and there." The High Councilor countered, trying to keep the mood light.

IC:"I wasn't thinking of doing it here!" The Ambassador said, mock-defensively, her blue and orange eyes glistening.

-Rover

IC: The Varangian ambassador was getting somewhat uncomfortable with the turn the conversation was taking."Has nobody heard of tea?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Forum)"No. Please explain." The Bylan were from a different nation entirely, with different drinks and whatever this tea was, they had not yet heard of it.

IC (Forum)"Natural response to a stressful situation. We cannot help the soldiers that are entering that craft, so we distract ourselves with small talk whilst hoping for the best." The High Councilor stated.

Edited by Basilisk