Nightmare

Zatano

I'm back after a long time off.I have been really busy with studying for college(among other things).I haven't had much time to make MOCs,but I've got a couple to show.First up is Nightmare,one of my best MOCs(very,very loosely inspired by shockwave from the latest transformer movie).f54513c9-11a9-441f-96a3-fdb692547989.jpghttp://www.brickshel...ghtmare/010.jpghttp://www.brickshel...ghtmare/045.jpghttp://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5376653http://www.brickshel...ghtmare/011.jpghttp://www.brickshel...ghtmare/043.jpgYour comments and criticism are appreciated. :)

Wow, great MOC! Its size is impressive, and its design is great too. The whole look of it is superb, and there are only a couple things to improve upon; first, perhaps you could add more silver or take it all away (tubes come in black). Also, the tail could possibly be made with more ligaments, maybe HF limbs and armor. Otherwise, excellent MOC truly deserving of its name.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

FsnorglepuffPosted Feb 16 2012 - 06:06 AMWow, great MOC! Its size is impressive, and its design is great too. The whole look of it is superb, and there are only a couple things to improve upon; first, perhaps you could add more silver or take it all away (tubes come in black). Also, the tail could possibly be made with more ligaments, maybe HF limbs and armor. Otherwise, excellent MOC truly deserving of its name.a_peace.png

Thank you! I do wish I could switch the tubes for black,but alas I do not have any,nor do I have the means of purchasing any right now (ok that last part is not entirely true,I'm just trying to save money).I don't have much HF,but I am sure I could do something for that.Thanks again. ^_^

I'm kind of having a hard time making out this MOC's details, but I shall endeavor to do my best. Black MOCs are very hard to photograph in general.I love the bulk and circular, claw-y motif you have here. Shoulder, claws, chest ... they all work. Is that a Pakari Nuva I see on the chest? If so, that's some nice part usage.I like the use of the two-clawed feet on the arms, but the open socket on the end is a little annoying. It's not a bit deal, though. I also suggest, like Fsnorglepuff, to acquire some black tubes and replace the silver ones - but you might also want to include a little more silver here and there, just to see how it looks. I like the all-black look, though, and wouldn't advocate seriously modifying it, as the MOC looks like it deserves its name.The only things that I think need improvement are the lower arms, which look like cop-outs next to the bulk of the rest of the MOC. You can keep it the same length, even, but they need some bulk, and bad. They look pretty skimpy otherwise.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

SumikiPosted Feb 16 2012 - 02:49 PMI'm kind of having a hard time making out this MOC's details, but I shall endeavor to do my best. Black MOCs are very hard to photograph in general.I love the bulk and circular, claw-y motif you have here. Shoulder, claws, chest ... they all work. Is that a Pakari Nuva I see on the chest? If so, that's some nice part usage.I like the use of the two-clawed feet on the arms, but the open socket on the end is a little annoying. It's not a bit deal, though. I also suggest, like Fsnorglepuff, to acquire some black tubes and replace the silver ones - but you might also want to include a little more silver here and there, just to see how it looks. I like the all-black look, though, and wouldn't advocate seriously modifying it, as the MOC looks like it deserves its name.The only things that I think need improvement are the lower arms, which look like cop-outs next to the bu...

Thanks,that is a Pakari Nuva on the chest.I definitely plan to swap those tubes out for black sometime.I tried adding bits of silver,personally I thought it detracted from the feel of the MOC (I probably just wasn't doing it right though).The lower arms are one area of the MOC I was experimenting with,it didn't come out as well as I hoped.Your definitely right about it needing fixed.Thanks again Sumiki. :D

I would not want to run into this guy at night. Or really any time in my entire life. Seriously, this is a scary dude. His entire form looks really well built and strong, especially the power miners wheels on his shoulders. The head also is well armored while looking suitably alien and impersonal. He is rather unrelentingly black, which makes seeing and photographing him difficult... but as he is a nightmare I suppose the not-quite-defined look works very well. Great job again!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!