Zatano: My Self Moc

Zatano

The colour scheme looks solid, with the white and black layered well overall. The gear pieces on the legs seem a bit out of place, as do the gray hands (black or white would be better, IMO).The tubing work is awesome, and gives off the impression that energy is flowing around the MOC's body. The mask choice (visor) also suits this MOC. The trans blue pieces scattered around the MOC look good, as you have enough of them to make them look in place, and the colours don't clash.The torso is also really cool and looks really strong. The sword on his back is good too, although it blocks me from getting a good back view...Great job! KUTGW!

black_-_the_host.png

I'm pretty impressed. This is a really nice and overall solid MOC.The colors of the head shield are a tiny bit irksome, just because the trans-ice and the trans-light blue used to accent the rest of the body clash. There isn't much that can be done with it, unless you wanted to switch out the mask for ... a white Miru Nuva, or something. (That wouldn't look too bad, actually ...)The color layering seems to flip from white-on-black to black-on-white on both the upper arms and the cuffs, and a little on the lower legs. I'd work on that - and maybe try to bulk the upper arms just a tiny bit, just because they look peaked next to the bulk of the body.I don't know what the gears are doing on the lower legs. They're nowhere else to be found on the body, so they end up looking strange and out of place. If they don't serve some valuable, hidden purpose, then I'd remove them. Whatever gap may be left over can be filled with appropriate, and more flowing, parts.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Toa GenrisPosted Feb 14 2012 - 08:29 PMThis looks really good, but the one thing is the shoulders seem to be pretty far back on his torso. Other than that, this is an amazing moc. Love the color scheme by the way! 8/10

Thanks a lot! I Personally I like the shoulders like that,but that's just me. :P

Renegade PhantomPosted Feb 15 2012 - 09:13 PMThe colour scheme looks solid, with the white and black layered well overall. The gear pieces on the legs seem a bit out of place, as do the gray hands (black or white would be better, IMO).The tubing work is awesome, and gives off the impression that energy is flowing around the MOC's body. The mask choice (visor) also suits this MOC. The trans blue pieces scattered around the MOC look good, as you have enough of them to make them look in place, and the colours don't clash.The torso is also really cool and looks really strong. The sword on his back is good too, although it blocks me from getting a good back view...Great job! KUTGW!

To be honest,I was originally going to take the moc in a different direction,which involved gear.The only reason those gears are still there is a mix of oversight and laziness on my part.I would love to swap the grey for black,but I don't have any.White,to me seemed out of place (made my already shaky color layering worse).Thanks,the tubing is one of my favorite parts of this moc.I'll might get a picture up without the sword,thanks again. :D

SumikiPosted Feb 15 2012 - 09:32 PMI'm pretty impressed. This is a really nice and overall solid MOC.The colors of the head shield are a tiny bit irksome, just because the trans-ice and the trans-light blue used to accent the rest of the body clash. There isn't much that can be done with it, unless you wanted to switch out the mask for ... a white Miru Nuva, or something. (That wouldn't look too bad, actually ...)The color layering seems to flip from white-on-black to black-on-white on both the upper arms and the cuffs, and a little on the lower legs. I'd work on that - and maybe try to bulk the upper arms just a tiny bit, just because they look peaked next to the bulk of the body.I don't know what the gears are doing on the lower legs. They're nowhere else to be found on the body, so they end up looking strange and out of place. If they don't serve some valuable, hidden purpose, then I'd remove them. Whatever gap may be left over can be filled with appropriate, and more flowing, parts.

Thanks man.Personally,I haven't found a mask that fits the feel I am looking for,that fits the colors (though I might go back to a black miru,which is what I used to use for him).The color layering,to me is my foremost problem with this moc,something I hope to fix in the future.Thanks agian for all the comments and great advice!

Thanks man.Personally,I haven't found a mask that fits the feel I am looking for,that fits the colors (though I might go back to a black miru,which is what I used to use for him).The color layering,to me is my foremost problem with this moc,something I hope to fix in the future.

I wouldn't go back to a black Miru, as that would only serve to further accentuate my previous concern on the color layering. White would be your best choice.

Ok,yeah I can see that.I think I'll try and get a white kaukau or kakama,probably a kakama.

White Kaukaus do not exist, unless you're talking about either a clear one or a Kaukau Nuva. If you could get your hands on a light-blue European misprint Kaukau, that could look pretty sweet on this MOC. The last time I checked, there were a few of them bouncing around on BrickLink.

White Kaukaus do not exist, unless you're talking about either a clear one or a Kaukau Nuva.

I was talking about the clear one,I have a rather nasty habit of referring to it as white.

If you could get your hands on a light-blue European misprint Kaukau, that could look pretty sweet on this MOC. The last time I checked, there were a few of them bouncing around on BrickLink.

Really,I'll defintely check BrickLink.That has always been my "dream mask" for this MOC.Thanks again,you have been very helpful. :D

Ooh, the color scheme on this is gorgeous. He looks sleek and technologically advanced; I love the Tony Stark-esque ice-blue bohrahk tooth visible underneath the chest plate. What Sumiki said about the mask is true, but he's already provided an awesome solution to that. One other minor gripe for me are the grey glatorian hands. They don't really flow all that well colorwise, and I think that some plain old black connector/hand things would look a bit nicer. Despite my negativity, he really does look great. The upper and front armor on the shoulders is reminiscent of space marine power armor and so looks amazing, and I'm really liking the ridonkulously large sword. Very cool moc!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!