Twilight

Hey guys! Discuss all Twilight related stuff here! PLEASE no spamming! And also please don't argue about it and get it closed! Thanks! Also I just watched Breaking Dawn Pt.1 and it was actually pretty good. Culllen's or Vampries?? I'm still on the Cullen team! :P Also I heard that Robert Pattinson say's "He is getting to old for Edward" And thoughts? Good riddens? :P Lemme know!!RCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

From what I have heard about it, I honestly find Twilight's premise rather ridiculous. Bella must be super-desperate if she's chasing after a vampire and / or a werewolf. :PA question I'd like to pose to fans: Why do you like the story? Is there something I haven't heard about? Or is it just a girl thing?

From what I have heard about it, I honestly find Twilight's premise rather ridiculous. Bella must be super-desperate if she's chasing after a vampire and / or a werewolf. :PA question I'd like to pose to fans: Why do you like the story? Is there something I haven't heard about? Or is it just a girl thing?

Haha yes it is a girl thing I suppose!! RCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

As a young women, I find it very sad that so many girls look toward Twilight as an ideal love story. There are loads of badly written books out there, but its sad that this one has had so much effect. If it has any appeal, it's the speed at which it can be read. The first time I read it, I devoured it. Then I thought "what did I just read?"And Team Rochester, if you must know. I've only watched the first movie and it had a certain appeal because you could tell that it wasn't being taken seriously. I've heard the other movies don't have that.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

cRV6S.gif 714BB.gif 32hOg.gif  XdRcW.gif PUz8u.gif HIAEQ.gif zISV3.gif jT9A4.gif xIenl.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I know someone (another guy) who watched the first two movies (I forget why). He said the first one was okay, but the second one was horrible. I'm not particularly willing to watch the movies to back up those statements. :P

Yes, because only girls like Twilight. But I suppose that when guys like it, it's a completely different story?

Some guys like girl things, too, so it's not really a different story. :P

As a young women, I find it very sad that so many girls look toward Twilight as an ideal love story. There are loads of badly written books out there, but its sad that this one has had so much effect. If it has any appeal, it's the speed at which it can be read. The first time I read it, I devoured it. Then I thought "what did I just read?"And Team Rochester, if you must know. I've only watched the first movie and it had a certain appeal because you could tell that it wasn't being taken seriously. I've heard the other movies don't have that.

I agree with you. I'm not a die hard fan or anything I just simply like the plot and some of the characters!RCF

The characters? The characters hardly have a personality. I've read all the books in two different languages and I've seen all the movies that have been released. I can confirm, without a single doubt, that the characters are empty vacuums of themselves. You know what they're supposed to be like, and therefore, you use your imagination to fill out the blanks. Meyer has one single writing strategy: Adjectives. There is no depth to Bella and Edward's relationship. I've said this before in the previous topics, and I'll say it again: Every time Bella and Edward's relationship starts to make sense, Meyer ruins it with adding something like "His glistening muscles were bare, I couldn't keep my eyes off him. His golden eyes gleamed with lust and I wanted him". It's the most basic relationship. Formed only because their superficial and vacuous personalities happen to intrude each other's privacy.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

^Have to agree with you there, but I'd be interested to see what RCF saw in them.Also, I was really sick of the vampire craze, but Robin Mckinley's Sunshine was terrific (though most definitely for young adults.) I'd reccomend it for any jaded readers who have lost all hope in the urban fantasy genre.

Edited by Yukiko

cRV6S.gif 714BB.gif 32hOg.gif  XdRcW.gif PUz8u.gif HIAEQ.gif zISV3.gif jT9A4.gif xIenl.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

@The Change, it's not that I saw anything in the characters that I loved or hated etc. I just like how they stick together as a family and they help each other out and they all seemed to have good chemistry.Tbh I hate Bella. In the movies she is such a drama queen and a winer. Kristen Stewart did a horriable job acting. By the time the 4th movie came out all of the acting got a little better except for Bella! :PRCF

^Hey, hey. Let's not get personal here.Lol, while I don't think Kristen Stewart's acting is good, she didn't really have much to work with. The movie critics seem to like her for some reason though. I can't fathom why.I actually really appreciate RPatz though. He seems to know exactly how horrible the material is and is constantly making snarky comments in the direction of the story. =PRCF, what good chemistry? Could you give me an example....? Edward is just as bad, IMO.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

I don't know how or why, but I respect and actually like Kristen and Pattinson. Though I don't particularly like Robert when he's on the screen, as he always gives off some disgusting vibe, I like him during interviews. Also, as you mentioned, the fact that he makes comments on the movie just redeems him. Kristen is also known for dropping a few comments too. And admittedly, Kristen is not a good actress. In fact, in all of the movies she's ever played in (and her career started pretty early), she's identical. Kristen acts the same way on-screen as off-screen. But I like it, because both she and Robert are introverted people. You know they're smarter than those stupid characters they're known for playing. I bet they're actually pretty cool people to hang with. And Kristen is the kinda girl I can totally imagine would be one of my friends. I attract those personalities.

Edited by The Change

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

A friend got me to start reading them after I watched the second and third movies (I saw the first long ago but don't remember it at all).Admittedly, I got a bit sucked into the second after Jacob was introduced, simply because he was a good friend for Bella and obviously the better of the two for her. The first book was just kind of meh, and so was New Moon, the ending was virtually the same as the first: Bella running across some form of landmass right before the climax. Isn't that the one thing she should be avoiding? She manages to do it twice in a row. Yes, I snorted several of the times in the book that she got scared from walking on forest paths and beaches. After her screaming in New Moon it was a little easier to watch. Mindlessly entertaining while reading and watching, but it's not like I'll devote anymore time to it after I finish the series.