Brown Komau

torax

Now it is my turn to be curious about the fabled Brown Komau. I am going through my collections and turns out I have one in my posession, guess I've had it for as long as I can remember.

I am posting here with the intention of selling it, although with the reservation that selling arrangements will vary depending on what price I can reasonably expect.

I wonder what kind of price should I even be asking for it? Could someone please give me some pointers, as I usually look up prices either on bricklink or by looking at sold listings on ebay, but cannot find any listings for Brown Komau...

Attached pictures comparing it to a regular Brown Kakama.

20230730_171056.jpg

20230730_171032.jpg

20230730_171011.jpg

20230730_170828.jpg

• Like 1

The last few I've seen have sold in the high hundreds, and that's what I got mine for a couple years ago. I've seen them range from $700 to $1100 lately. Damaged ones have gone for around $400 both times they were sold. This topic also has that as being the estimated price range, and is a good resource for stuff like this.

Side note, do you remember how you got it? Or what country you got it in? A lot of people are still interested in the origin of this and the White Hunas so any info you remember would be awesome!

Edited by Darknut
  • Like 1

I purchased one about a month ago for ~1100. Another guy purchased for 1500. I've heard of a third guy who bought for 1200. However these auctions were fairly discreet and took place over PM. May be worth throwing it up on Ebay and seeing what the world thinks of it. Most buyers aren't on this forum daily. 

Edited by The Archivist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you both for your super helpful posts!

@Darknut, I bought many second-hand lots as a kid (as well as traded sets/parts with friends!) so I can only say the country of origin for sure. At least I can say with confidence that I got it in Sweden as it is where I was born and grew up. :)

20 minutes ago, torax said:

@Darknut, I bought many second-hand lots as a kid (as well as traded sets/parts with friends!) so I can only say the country of origin for sure. At least I can say with confidence that I got it in Sweden as it is where I was born and grew up. :)

Cool, good to know that it still popped up in the area all the others seem to have.

Like The Archivist said, a lot of buyers these days aren't on BZPower so maybe visit some discord servers and other forums/groups to find more interest. You can also check out the signatures of some people who post regularly in this forum, they often mention they're on the hunt for stuff like this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...