"Gathered friends. Listen again to our legend... of the BIONICLE."

mask_of_light__20th_anniversary__by_rain

I wanted to celebrate Mask of Light's 20th. We all know, I'm sure, that it's not the greatest movie out there by a long shot: but on a personal level it's still one with incredible significance to me. It's one HUGE part of my... well, not really childhood, it just slightly missed that, more like teenagerhood? It came along just after I'd started Secondary School (i.e. UK middle-to-high school) and was feeling very self-conscious about the move up there; having something so new and fantastic from my then-favourite fandom to latch onto... I can hardly overstate what a massive help that was in keeping me grounded.

Very happy 20th, Mask of Light; and an immense thank-you to all those who made it a reality just when I needed it most.

• Like 5

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

This is beautiful. I was seven years old when Mask of Light came out and it was the same year I got into BIONICLE. I loved it and always know I can return to it when I need a quick fix of pure happiness. There are not many things in the world that I have zero negative associations with and BIONICLE, especially Mask of Light, is one of them.

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!