Hero Factory’s questionable canonicity

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. When you research Hero Factory’s canon, you may notice some weird things that kind of don’t make sense:

1. These weird-looking combo models. Some of them seem to be canon when you are read their descriptions in Lego Magazines while others are not canon. The ones with the Lego Magazine description never appeared in the main story, though. Here’s the list:
1.1. Lucas Valor - He is a Hero who is technically canon because of a story about his mission in the Hero Factory website, but his combo model looks like a freak-ish monster with a Hero chest armor for a head. I mean, no 1.0 Hero looks like that, right? Plus, since he is a combo model of 1.0 Stormer, 1.0 Furno, and 1.0 Breez, where’s a combo model for 1.0 Stringer, 1.0 Bulk, and 1.0 Surge? 
1.2. That monster called Makuro-X1 - This guy is a combination of all six 2.0 Heroes. It is said that he is a creation of Akiyama Makuro who went rogue and tried to attack the Hero Factory. The Alpha 1 Team went to fight him. However, that is not resolved. This monster looked like a mutated Hero, similar to Gaardus from Bionicle G1. The monster only appeared in a Lego Magazine. 
1.3. That Alpha 1 rookie in 2012 - He never appeared in any other media, as he never shows along with the Alpha 1 Team. No one from the team talked about him, either. Plus, he doesn’t look right. He looks messed up, like not having a Breakout 1.0 chest. Since he is made of Evo, Surge, and Furno, what about two more models for the other six Heroes? This guy only appeared in a Lego Magazine. 
1.4. The Alpha 1 rookie’s Breakout villain in 2012 - Same problems as the Hero. It is said that he also hates Black Phantom, but he is not shown doing that. Since he is made of Toxic Reapa, Splitface, and Thornraxx, what about two more models for the other six Breakout villains?
1.5. The Hero-and-villain combos in 2012 and 2013 - They’re non-canon because they never appeared in the canon. Totally understandable because they look weird.
1.6. The combo models in Invasion From Below - They’re also non-canon because they never appeared in the canon.
2. The differences between the episodes and Secret Mission books - In SM3 and 4, the Heroes kind of act like they never met the Brains before, and they kind of don’t know how to detach the Brains from their hosts. In Episode 10: Brain Attack, which takes place before the events of the SM3 and 4, the Heroes first met the Brains there and learned how to detach the Brains from their hosts. That’s a bit confusing. Plus, the episode has an unresolved cliffhanger, and the Hero Factory to have survived an invasion from a swarm of Brains in their storage bay when the events of SM3 happened. Note 1: In SM4, Mission: Catch ‘Em and Cuff ‘Em, from the 2012 story arc, ended when all of the escapees are recaptured. In SM1, Core Hunter disappeared after using the Doom Box’s energy. Sure, it looked like the energy killed him by making his body fold onto itself and disappear. However, according to SM5 and that guidebook called Face Off: Makuro’s Secret Guidebook, Core Hunter is still alive, all other non-swarm villains (and no one should be when you think about the episodes). I don’t think Greg Farshtey, the guy who wrote the SM books and the guidebook, was completely pay attention to the episodes. 
3. Invasion From Below in 2014 - That story arc is totally unnecessary. It’s off-topic. The Heroes never talked about the events of past episodes. Felt like a hard reboot. Plus, Stringer and Nex disappeared (they also never had their Brain Attack foes. I also would wonder if there are more Makuhero Planet dragons got possessed by the Brains, like Dragon Bolt since Dragon Bolt was the only Brain-possessed dragon to appear in the canon).
4. Bulk’s and Breez’s 2.0 forms in the Brain Attack episode in 2013 - shouldn’t they be in their Breakout forms? I get that they never appeared in the Breakout episodes in 2012 for some reason (they, Nex, and their Breakout foes should have been or there should have been more Breakout episodes), but still. That’s lazy animation. Think about it. I look at the Breakout forms as the true 3.0 forms for the Heroes because the 3.0 forms in the Savage Planet story arc are basically animal-based armor for the Heroes, not truly an upgrade, and the armor was just used to adapt to a jungle (though Stormer got slightly shorter in his 3.0 form than his 2.0 form for some reason. Some Heroes are slightly taller in their 2.0 and 3.0 forms than others). Plus, the Breakout forms are permanent, like the 2.0 forms, right? I wouldn’t call the Brain Attack or Invasion From Below true 4.0 forms. They are just armor for the Heroes used to adapt to certain things, like the Toa Nuva’s Adaptive Armor. I don’t think they’re permanent, either.
5. Is the Makuhero Planet a planet or a planetoid? In the early media, it is said to be a planetoid, or an asteroid, but in the Brain Attack episode, Zib called it a planet. It’s understand because that place is surely habitable. 
6. Bulk’s armor from the Bulk vs. Vapour set in 2010, Furno’s motorcycle armor in 2010, and Rocka’s Jet form in 2013 never appeared in the episodes, neither did Vapor, that Drop Ship set in 2019, and its pilot (these three are canon, surely, but they didn’t appear much). Furno can fit fine with his original armor on his motorcycle called the Furno Bike. Rocka can fit fine with his normal Brain Attack form in his jet-pack (In the Jet Rocka set, Jet Rocka is almost as tall as Furno XL, but taller than Furno, Rocka, Breez, and Bulk’s Breakout forms. Some Heroes in their Breakout and Brain Attack forms are taller than the others. Plus, I think the Heroes in their 2.0, 3.0, Breakout, and Brain Attack forms could change heights, depending on their missions. Apparently, the 1.0 Heroes are as tall as an average human man, and the tall Breakout Heroes look like they are as tall as Toa, who are about 7.2 feet tall) I would like to think that Stormer had a normal Breakout form and Furno a normal Brain Attack form because you have to start with a normal form before you get an XL form. Ask Rocka 3.0 about it. 
7. The episodes and the comics that were based on their scripts. The comics don’t follow the episodes completely, so some things in the comics are apparently non-canon. 
8. The names of two Heroes, Omega and Rocka. The end credits of most episodes where Rocka appeared in is where he is called “Daniel Rocka”. It is apparently canon, but “Daniel” is not featured in the episodes themselves and other media where Rocka appeared in. There’s this guy named Omega, who leads a group of Hero Recon Team Heroes called “Recon Team Omega”. He never actually stated his name. He may have used his group’s name as his own codename, so I think his true name is unknown. Also, most media do not use the Heroes’ full names in general for some reason. I get that Bionicle characters do not have first and last names, and the HF characters are treated as such most of the time, but still. 
9. The online games - their stories are not canon, but they did feature some things in various locations that were mentioned in the main story. 
10. That mini-comic story called “Stuck in a Problem!” in 2010 - It is about Furno 1.0 and Stormer 1.0 fighting a Bionicle-looking bug on a swamp planet. It doesn’t look like it would contradict the main story, but it is called “non-canon” by HeroSector01 for some reason. 
11. According to the main Hero Factory website, Furno, Breez, and Surge became veteran Heroes after they defeated Von Nebula and his gang in the 2010 story arc and when they were fighting the Fire Villains in the early 2011 story arc. Furno also once said to Evo in Episode 8: Breakout Part 1 to "stick with a veteran like Furno" before Furno accidentally hit a door. However, in the DK Readers books in 2012 and 2013, SM1, SM2, the guidebook’s chapters about the 2010-2011 story arcs, and ITunes' description of the Savage Planet movie, Furno, Breez, and Surge are still called rookies. In the Brain Attack and the guidebook’s chapter about the 2013 story arc, it could be implied that the Heroes became veteran Heroes, as Furno was leading many Hero teams. In SM5, Breez stated that she and Furno are no longer rookies.

So, there. I originally wanted to include Hero Factory FM because most of the stuff in there is not featured in the main story, but many people praised it as a way to expand on the story, as it is technically canon, like how you look at the Mata Nui Online Games. If Greg Farshtey and ElJay from YouTube were here, they would tell us if any of this is canon because these tiny details are not featured in the main story. What do you think is canon in the list?

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot something.
  • Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)