Why is Hero Factory Secret Mission #2 more expensive than the others?

Master Inika

Recently, I have been obtaining and reading the Hero Factory Secret Mission series. Not because I think they are particularly good, but because I think they are the final time Greg was really able to shine writing full-length stories featuring LEGO characters. Having seen the TV show, I find the Secret Mission books superior on every level. So far, I have only two of them: The Doom Box (which I have completed) and Collision Course (which I am in the process of reading now).

It looks like buying Robot Rampage and Mirror World will not be a problem; there are numerous copies of both available on eBay for cheap. Legion of Darkness, however, is available for $20 total at minimum on eBay, and Bricklink is better but still noticeable: there is only one seller, in Canada, who is offering it for one dollar higher than the other books he is selling.

This is just bizarre to me, especially for a series that (as far as I can tell) people considered just fine but not that great as a whole. The one I have heard the best things about is Mirror World, so I would expect, if any, that to be the most difficult to find for sale. Anybody know why Legion of Darkness seem rarer/more expensive?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think it’s because Legion of Darkness is looked at as the best Secret Mission book.

You should get all five Secret Missions books, all four DK Readers books, and Face-Off: Makuro’s Secret Guidebook. They’re great, too. I wish Greg’s writing would have been incorporated into the TV episodes. Think of some great episodes it could have been. It would be like the Bionicle G1 chapter books. However, I must warn you, some parts of the books may have some things that contradict the canon. But, please, go buy all of these books.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot something.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)