Alyska

Hi all! Welcome back. I couldn't find an "Official Bzpower Girls' corner V", so this can serve that purpose until it's back up. Here's the info from the front page of the last one:

Let's face it, folks, boys and girls are different. And that's a good thing.This topic is a place to post links and discussion by, about, and for the feminine side of Bionicle and BZPower. Boys and gentleToa are welcome to join in too, but please remember to wipe your muddy feet on the doormat. (Oh, sorry, that was sexist.)This is the fourth incarnation of the Girl's Corner tradition first established by the distinguished BZP member GaliGee. Some of you might be wondering "What happened to the BGCIII topic?" and "Where in the Mangaia is GaliGee?" Well, with RealLife increasingly encroaching on her online time, our beloved patron decided to step down from the duties of maintaining the topic, particularly the ever-growing submission list. Thus the topic has now been reborn once more under the govern of a group of dedicated BGCIII regulars."But didn't this use to be the Bionicle Girls' Corner?" and "Wasn't it in GD to begin with?" Due to a number of developments in the BGCIII topic, it was moved to CoT and had a name change to accommodate a more flexible discussion content. So here we are! biggrin.gifAt its heart, this is a topic intended for ...

• [*]Discussion of Bionicle and the other various fictitious worlds of LEGO, particularly in relation to the female characters[*]Female BZPers (quite a minority here on BZP) to meet others of their kind and perhaps not be such a minority for once[*]Keeping track of the various artistic pieces submitted regarding female characters in Bionicle and other LEGO franchises (once again, quite a minority)[*]Meeting people, talking, and having fun, but with Bionicle- and LEGO-related discussion generally at the epicenter.

Here's hoping it's just as awesome as before! Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Whoa, a few formatting errors there. Edit: Never mind, you got them. Haha. Interesting thread though. I remember the old one, but didn't visit because I was worried that the subject matter of gender could turn out becoming sorta inflammatory. I'll keep my eye on this nonetheless. -ck

There's always that risk, but, really, it depends on the people discussing it. To use the row over "The Yesterday Quest" as an example, I think a lot of the conflict came from the fact that many people dropped into various topics just to say "Look, this isn't important! Quit your whining!", which, of course, upset the people who did care about the issue. I think not caring about certain issues is fair enough, but rubbing it in the faces of the people who do care is extremely rude. Whereas, most people don't visit this topic unless they actually do care about gender dynamics and issues. We may not always agree on everything, but I think we generally respect each other's opinions here.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231