Lewa Mata

Ezorov

I sketched a picture of Lewa about a month ago, set it aside, forgot about it, and hadn't picked it up until a few days ago. Upon looking at it I realized, "wow, this is kind of terrible". So anyway, I re-drew it completely and found I'm much more satisfied with this version (no, you don't get to see the first one ;)).I realize his limbs appear to have a sort of goldish tint to them; all I can say is, I blame my scanner. They were originally light green, I promise!Also, please ignore my tree drawing skills. I have none.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Here's the art:

linkyliiink.jpg(No, silly, I didn't just draw half a mask. It's a link. Click it.)

Comments/critiques are always welcome and appreciated.

^_^

bannnnner.png

Nicely done :)I really like the top half of him, the proportions seem perfect (the inclusion of gears looks brilliant, btw). The mitten-like hands look cute - I gotta say they work fine on this guy.The only real problems with this lie below the waist, on a leg in particular. The leg he has his axe leaning on is well-drawn and the right length, but sadly I can't say the same for the other! I can see what you were trying to do, but it just ends up looking like a little stump in the place of a full-grown leg. I'm no artist, but might I suggest making the thigh a bit longer? This and perhaps making the foot larger would make it appear more like a leg.Overall, this is really good. I don't think the trees are bad, they look fine as they are :)-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

wow that is a really intricate picture. I like the way you were able to make his body curve without making it look weird. The weapon is also reallhy good. And also the mask is done well. I also think the way you gave it a back ground is good but i might have added maybe some sky color like a real light blue. and i love that you made him in one of his most iconic scenes on that tree branch.overall i give it a 9/10

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Same here,I have problems with the Right Leg,which looks more like a Stump;I get what you're trying to do there(a bent leg),but I think you need to correct it.That,and those gun-like things on his right arm. He needs those.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Nicely done :)I really like the top half of him, the proportions seem perfect (the inclusion of gears looks brilliant, btw). The mitten-like hands look cute - I gotta say they work fine on this guy.The only real problems with this lie below the waist, on a leg in particular. The leg he has his axe leaning on is well-drawn and the right length, but sadly I can't say the same for the other! I can see what you were trying to do, but it just ends up looking like a little stump in the place of a full-grown leg. I'm no artist, but might I suggest making the thigh a bit longer? This and perhaps making the foot larger would make it appear more like a leg.Overall, this is really good. I don't think the trees are bad, they look fine as they are :)-FtC

Thank you so much! I'm glad to see it turned out so well. Er, yes, except for that leg. Drat, that is really going to bother me now. Yeah, I was trying to do something or another with the perspective, but gosh, I guess I messed up on that a bit, didn't I? :P Though yes, doing what you suggested would probably fix it.
So then, thanks again for the comment!

^_^

wow that is a really intricate picture. I like the way you were able to make his body curve without making it look weird. The weapon is also reallhy good. And also the mask is done well. I also think the way you gave it a back ground is good but i might have added maybe some sky color like a real light blue. and i love that you made him in one of his most iconic scenes on that tree branch.overall i give it a 9/10

Well, originally I was meaning to have him in a dense forest sort of place - trees everywhere and such - but (curse my laziness) I simply didn't feel like drawing in a decent background. It probably wouldn't have hurt to at least sketch in dark, vague trees, or something behind that main tree, and thinking on it, I really should have. But, ah well, something to keep in mind for next time, I guess. I would have to agree that it probably does look as if it needed a sky, though.
Anyway, thanks so much for the comment! Glad you liked it. ^_^

Same here,I have problems with the Right Leg,which looks more like a Stump;I get what you're trying to do there(a bent leg),but I think you need to correct it.That,and those gun-like things on his right arm. He needs those.-CDP

Hmm, if you're talking about his left hand (the one holding onto the branch?), I believe I did draw it accurately. If you zoom in perhaps you can see easier.

Your drawing of Lewa is very good, especially the mask, but the left leg looks too distorted. I think you were trying for more perspective, but the leg could have been larger.But again, nice work.

It's alright, but the legs are WAY out of proportion.

That's a good revamp! My only complaint is that the left leg looks weird.

Thanks everyone else for your comments; I really do appreciate them all!And I do now see how badly proportioned his left leg is. My eyes bleed a little every time I look at it now. Hopefully I'll be able to catch those ever-so-painfully obvious details in future drawings.Now time to go sulk in a corner.

bannnnner.png

I love the art-style you used in this picture. The detail on Lewa Mata is wonderfully done, plus I love the pose you drew him in. HIs hands are cutely drawn, the mitten-style of them are adorable. =3 The proportions on the figure are perfect, and the set details are well done. It's basically edging towards comic-book style of art, which I like because it still keeps away from that but resembles it still.Although it isn't entirely an important detail of the drawing, I loved the way you drew the leaves of the tree and the branch on which Lewa is standing on. It isn't a significant portion of this, but I thought it was drawn well, because it adds a landscape component to the art that makes it pretty (to me, anyway). To me the scenery is always an important part of a picture, not just the primary character, so you executed that part of the picture well.I think you did a great job on this, and I'd love to see pictures of the rest of the Toa Mata in their environments. I'd think you'd do a great job with drawing the other Mata, honestly. Nonetheless, great job, and keep up the good work! :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

:kaukau: Lol, I actually felt differently about the leaves, which was why I didn't comment on them. I've had to draw still life with a piece of charcoal and I tend to like seeing dynamic plants that add a definite sense of realism and motion to a picture, but ah well.Upon a second glance, I also like the way the thighs and hips were drawn. Their proportions are reasonable and better represent those typical of human males. Artists nowadays tend to downplay the size of the hips and legs.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

:kaukau: Nice! I like it when Bionicle art evokes that old comic-book feel they used to have. It doesn't mimick it, but I like that you truly made him look robotic while also paying genuine attention to the details of the pieces.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Thank you! And oh yes, I did want to draw Lewa to look realistic, like he could actually survive in a real world--rather than something that would simply sit on a shelf--while keeping true to all the joints, bolts, gears, etc. that still make him accurate to the set and such.

I love the art-style you used in this picture. The detail on Lewa Mata is wonderfully done, plus I love the pose you drew him in. HIs hands are cutely drawn, the mitten-style of them are adorable. =3 The proportions on the figure are perfect, and the set details are well done. It's basically edging towards comic-book style of art, which I like because it still keeps away from that but resembles it still.Although it isn't entirely an important detail of the drawing, I loved the way you drew the leaves of the tree and the branch on which Lewa is standing on. It isn't a significant portion of this, but I thought it was drawn well, because it adds a landscape component to the art that makes it pretty (to me, anyway). To me the scenery is always an important part of a picture, not just the primary character, so you executed that part of the picture well.I think you did a great job on this, and I'd love to see pictures of the rest of the Toa Mata in their environments. I'd think you'd do a great job with drawing the other Mata, honestly. Nonetheless, great job, and keep up the good work! :)

Wow, I really appreciate all your compliments! I don't know what else to say, but thank you!Honestly wish I would have put a tad more work into the scenery, but I'm quite glad to hear you liked it anyway. ^^Oh yes! I'm thinking I'll draw the others at some point, but I'll take my time with them as I don't like to draw on forced inspiration.Again, thank you so much! :3

:kaukau: Lol, I actually felt differently about the leaves, which was why I didn't comment on them. I've had to draw still life with a piece of charcoal and I tend to like seeing dynamic plants that add a definite sense of realism and motion to a picture, but ah well.Upon a second glance, I also like the way the thighs and hips were drawn. Their proportions are reasonable and better represent those typical of human males. Artists nowadays tend to downplay the size of the hips and legs.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Hah, oh no, please don't hesitate to tell me if you see anything that needs improvement. Though yes, I do understand what you're saying, and I appreciate you now mentioning it.Ah, good. Well, I'm glad to hear that that section of him was drawn accurately. ^_^

bannnnner.png

I really love how you've drawn Lewa here. The little bits of stylization added to set realistic style are great. And the smooth lines and flow of the whole piece, not to mention the pose he's in are very well executed!One thing I think could use some improvement though is the colouring of the background. There's just a little too much white showing through for my liking.Good Job!

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

I think the only thing that seems off is his left leg, but everyone's already mentioned that, so I won't repeat what you already know. As others have said, the way you've adapted Lewa is great. I always struggle to make my characters resemble their original set form, because I tend to change so many details. You've got a great balance here, though. Highly reminiscent of the original Lewa, but with much better proportions and shape. I like his the midsection a lot. And those arms.Very nice work.

Edited by Brickeens

wow. im really digging your style of drawing bionicles. I think your drawings inspired to me to do something similar to that. :) But anyways, amazing drawing, better than my lewa mata drawing.

I'm so glad to hear that! And oh, I saw your drawing, btw. Very nice! I loved all the details you added, and Pohatu himself looks great!Hah, anyway, thanks so much!

Really, thanks! I personally think Pohatu turned out very neat and well too, i actually impressed myself with how well it came out. :) But still, yours is still amazing with its style and color. Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

I really love how you've drawn Lewa here. The little bits of stylization added to set realistic style are great. And the smooth lines and flow of the whole piece, not to mention the pose he's in are very well executed!One thing I think could use some improvement though is the colouring of the background. There's just a little too much white showing through for my liking.Good Job!

Well, thank you very much!Er, yeah, I'm stupid. >.< Haha, drat I really should've fixed that.Anyway, appreciate the comment. :3

I think the only thing that seems off is his left leg, but everyone's already mentioned that, so I won't repeat what you already know. As others have said, the way you've adapted Lewa is great. I always struggle to make my characters resemble their original set form, because I tend to change so many details. You've got a great balance here, though. Highly reminiscent of the original Lewa, but with much better proportions and shape. I like his the midsection a lot. And those arms.Very nice work.

Thanks so much; I'm glad you like it. ^_^But nah, I think your drawings are great either way. You've got a great style! (Which I've been meaning to tell you, btw :D)

wow. im really digging your style of drawing bionicles. I think your drawings inspired to me to do something similar to that. :) But anyways, amazing drawing, better than my lewa mata drawing.

I'm so glad to hear that! And oh, I saw your drawing, btw. Very nice! I loved all the details you added, and Pohatu himself looks great!Hah, anyway, thanks so much!

bannnnner.png