Off The Floor #1 - Golden Armoured Shadow Toa

Taipu1

For over year, I have made a lot of MOCs, and have failed to post any of them on BZP. This primarily due to having a camera that could only plug into the worlds worst computer, but that is no longer the case! So now I can present some of the MOCs that have been lying around on my bedroom floor for the past year, and I start with the oldest, and least originally named.

Golden Armoured Shadow Toa

coverimage.jpg

Folder will not immediately be public, so some deeplinks:

1 2 3 4 5

This thing is ridiculously old for only just being posted now. The Tahu Stars Hau was switched onto it when the set came out, and before that it had a second Olmak, which looked particularly stupid. I know some people are going to throw out the whole "Generic Inika Build" thing, but it really is only the basis of the design, and I personally think there is a lot of original armouring (that a word?) going on. It's really posable as well, and probably quite playable, although I'm beyond those days now. :( The only slight posability issue is the chin of the metru head catches on the chin of the chest armour Olmak, so he can't look down all that well.Post away :)

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Hello :}Gawp, gold and black, can't go wrong with that. I don't see a single blemish to the colours (apart from the orange eyes of course). I like the hammer too, it suits the Toa's heavier frame. If I was going to criticise I'd say that the chest armour looks out of place. However, I can't really think of what you can do instead. Lego never really made enough gold pieces :

sigpic2.png

@PooZy - It does pretty much use every piece I have in that shade of Gold, apart from rubber tube pieces from Brutaka. I'd have to say the Olmak doesn't fit in completely perfectly, theres a long piece across the top of the chest that kind of wedges it in place, but it does make it look a little blockey.@Chaos Dralcax - Well, I can't explain that, but the similarities are quite profound. The holes aren't as noticable on the real thing, they seem more pronounced in the photos. I might see if I can fill some of them in though, without ruining it anyway.@Veigar's Shadow - The gold and black go well together, but at the same time they're very contrasting storyline wise. The feet I put on it mean if it were a Toa, then it would be a shadow Toa. I suppose it doesn't have to be a Toa though. I haven't given it much thought storyline wise.@Toa Genris - I like backstories too, but I tend to only do them when it's a MOC of a character from one of my epics or short stories. Thanks for the replies folks.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't