Nerf! Again!

B.M.800

Seein as the other died a rather unfortunate young death...

nerf_logo.pngSo then, about the new N strike Elite 75ft ranges? Should be interesting.My guess is the darts are going to be different, I dont think they will have much speed to them though. Standing 60ft away you could dodge em pretty well I would think. I could be wrong though, kinda hope so.Then theres the hailfire... will be interesting to see what inards its got. Im hoping its got some little air compressor... but deep down I know the chances are stupid slim.So I got the lumnitron... its pretty cool. The paintjob on it is pretty cool.Only problem is the barrel not going past the grip, people with bearpaw hands might have a tendancy to put their thumb in the path of the disk... thats no good. Not really that big of a problem though.Ahhh well...

Doah!

The Elite darts are going to be different. They combine aspects of the streamlines and whistlers, so like whistling streamlines.Supposedly they can stick to things, but I'm skeptical about that.But yeah, even the fastest darts are going to be easy to dodge if you're far enough away.I want to get the Retaliator (the souped-up Recon recolor), a blue Longstrike barrel, a scope, and a Stampede bipod so I can have a sniper rifle that actually shoots far.I am also interested in the Rampage (re-done Raider) and its 25-dart drum, since it looks like a nice median between the 18- and 35-dart drums and it's the first drum that's centered rather than off to the side.I also have plans to paint a few of my guns. Hopefully that'll come to fruition.And finally I want to say that when I first got the Alpha Trooper I mentioned that I thought it was rather loud for a "quiet" gun. I would like to correct that statement since I recently got a Raider, and now I realize how loud it could have been. The AT is pretty quiet.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Yeah. the darts will definantly be interesting to see.I too am interested in seeing the new raider, ought to be interesting.The recolor on these guns is pretty cool also.Have you seen the "ponyified" Rayven?I really dont get this whole pony thing... but ohwell. :P

Edited by Beal

Doah!

Man, I cannot wiat to get my hands on an Elite thing.Most likely it'll be like the Vortex discs, which go really far, but go slow.But seeing as these are darts, they won't just veer offcourse. like the Vortex discs do.And on the subject of the Firefly Tech guns:The Lumitron is a repainted Praxis with no stock and glowy discs. That's about all. And it costs more where I am...The Rayven seems pretty cool, seems like a Stampede, but obviously it's not.Still, I'm buying at least 1 Elite blaster. Most likely the Rampage or the Retaliator or whatever the souped-up Recon is.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Most likely it'll be like the Vortex discs, which go really far, but go slow.

It's not quite the same. The discs can carry at a lower speed because they're like mini frisbees. In order to fly further, the darts have to be fired at a higher speed.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Well, that's always good to hear.Still love the Vortex guns though, despite their flaws. Praxis is still my only and favorite Vortex, with Lumitron in second (It's recolored praxis iwth glowy clip, awesome, but I don't really like the color much...)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Well, that's always good to hear.Still love the Vortex guns though, despite their flaws. Praxis is still my only and favorite Vortex, with Lumitron in second (It's recolored praxis iwth glowy clip, awesome, but I don't really like the color much...)

Yeah, the color is pretty much why I got the lumitron. I like those colors...Need to get a clip or 2 for it, they was $8 last I seen em...

Doah!

I haven't seen Lumitron clips for seperate buy...On the other hand, Im pretty excited for the N-Strike Elite line.(oh and the Pyragon.)

Not the glowy kind, I doubt nerf would sell em seperate... The regular 10 shot is for sale though.Isnt the pyragon the disk launching one with some ridiculous 40 disk mag or something?

Doah!

Pyragon?Holy carp that clip...I need that for my Praxis. Woo go pump-action 40+ammo gun :DBut I would assume, with a clip like that, it is an automatic gun like the Nitron, correct?If not, I would expect it to be at least pump-action.Eh. I'd just buy it for that clip.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Oh dear.40 rounds in a Nitron.that would be amazing to see...Anyways, I have a question to pose to everyone (Keeping this topic alive as long as possible):What is your favorite Nerf gun, and why?I love my Praxis and my Maverick. My Maverick got 40+ feet right out fo the box, which made me extremely happy to see, and hte Praxis has that amazing pump-action and superb range.No current opinions on the Elite guns, exept they look amazing.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

The Pyragon looks like it's pretty much a Praxis, but with some molding differences.Favorite blaster is the Alpha Trooper. Simple, effective, quick, and it comes with the 18-drum.

I think its just the pump grip thats different... aside from color. Then again i havnt examined it much...The AT is cool and all... I dont like the pump grip, and the handle seems too narrow...recon handle is barely any bigger, but still gets t me...

Doah!

The AT is cool and all... I dont like the pump grip, and the handle seems too narrow...recon handle is barely any bigger, but still gets t me...

I think the pump grip combines the best of other priming methods. It allows you to keep your hand on the front like a Raider so you can fire faster, but it's almost flush to the gun the way a lot of the pistol-sized top-primers are so I can easily hide it under a coat.The handle is actually the same width as a Raider handle, Sure it feels a bit odd at first, but you get used to it and in the end you end up with a more compact blaster. It took some time to re-adjust to my Maverick after only playing with the AT for a month, but it's not that big a deal to me.e:Oh goodness, I hadn't even seen the new Elite pictures until now.Nerf%2BElite%2BBarricade%2B-%2B%2BPreview%2B-%2B01.jpgNerf%2BElite%2BRetaliator%2B-%2B%2BPreview%2B-%2B01.jpgNerf%2BElite%2BRampage%2B-%2B%2BPreview%2B-%2B01.jpgNerf%2BElite%2BHailfire%2B-%2B%2BPreview%2B-%2B01.jpgLet me just say THAT HAILFIRE.48-dart capacity, and that's just with the 6-clips. If you use 18-clips then you can get 144 darts.Also, Elite Barricade! Nice!And shoulder stocks for everyone! These are awesome. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Thats true... I still dont like it though! :PYeah, them new stocks are pretty cool. I might just have to get some...And the hailfire, needs a sticker saying "big, and scary" on it... Will be interesting to see how it works.

Doah!

Oh yeah, I just got a Rayven and Proton. The Rayven is great, fires fast, and has decent range. The Proton is pretty good, and the discs go ridiculously far, though they can be a bit slow. I think I may want another Vortex blaster at some point, maybe the Lumitron.I should probably wait for the novelty of it to ease off, but I think the Rayven might be my new favorite.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Don't know much about Nerf news and the like, but I have to pop in to say my favorite style is dual Mavericks (one firing, one for backup), with a Vendetta for melee combat. What are you guys' weapons of choice?

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

Oh yeah, I just got a Rayven and Proton. The Rayven is great, fires fast, and has decent range. The Proton is pretty good, and the discs go ridiculously far, though they can be a bit slow. I think I may want another Vortex blaster at some point, maybe the Lumitron.I should probably wait for the novelty of it to ease off, but I think the Rayven might be my new favorite.

My brother wants to get the rayven, once he does I ll decide if I want one too.I actually need to try and sell some of my nerf blasters off...

Don't know much about Nerf news and the like, but I have to pop in to say my favorite style is dual Mavericks (one firing, one for backup), with a Vendetta for melee combat. What are you guys' weapons of choice?

Foam slinging weapon of choice? Nitefinder. Quick, easy to moderator, and pretty good ranges(atleast the older NFs do)Hopefully, we will have another nerf war and I can try out some different blasters...Want to use some vortex... try an bounce a disk off the wall to hit someone... :DAnd Ive got an ERTL rfsg, want to pad the plungerhead some then see how it does...Ive found I like the airzone tripple shot. I put a 10 or 12 dart rscb inline clip on it, thats pretty fun to use.

Doah!

Yeah, that would be cool... I like the color on em, a vulcan in that coloring would be sweet.Not too sure what I think about nerf... or rather hasbro now... how they delt with a Australian fanblog for posting "leaked" images...Guy says where he found them, apparently hasbro didnt buy it, or too stuborn to look at what he sent them. In the meantime the guy got an email from a marketing team to send him a bunch of those pinpoint sights, so he send em his address and next thing ya know, here comes a good sqad of layers to his home asking about the "leaked" images. On a Sunday... what a crok.I think they ought to find the leak within their ranks, rather than give this guy grief for images he found on the internet.

Doah!