Hero Factory Killer

His name is Color Battle.My Technic Masterpiece.I dubbed him a "Hero Factory Killer" because, he is bigger, better and badder than any of those little baby Hero Factory robots. I want Technic parts out of my figures, not limbs and obnoxious pieces.He stands about 16 inches tall, and weilds a laser rifle.The hands are an old design of mine. And the hips and torso incorporates System elements into it. This guy is a brick, everything sticks to itself.He is third in my Color robot series,first being Big Color:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=490456which then was rebuilt into Color Spike:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=500731which then was rebuilt to Color Battle, pictured here, link for gallery below photo.I cannot figure out how to make this photo smaller.042512_006.jpg_thumb.jpgFor more pictures, bigger and more detailed, view theColor Battle Gallery:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=502192Edit: Image thumbnailed due to dimension and file size. Please keep posted images in BBC to 640x640 pixels and 100 kB.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

The build seems very interesting, giving you used almost all technic pieces, and quite a creative use of the socket pieces. Also, the colorful color scheme actually kinda work. However, I do believe its really overcluttered, with too many gaps and loose connections. Looks kinda fragile.The legs are the main part that could be improved. Overall, I would say: build-wise, nice; design-wise, not so much...

Edited by JohannDakitsch

The night is dark and full of terrors...

• 2 weeks later...

It's big, yes. And the overall shape is nice, yes.But I'm going to have to shoot it down on the colour scheme and flow of parts. While going for a completely random colour scheme is a great idea (heck, I'm working on a MOC like that at the moment) I think that having absolutely no order to where the colours are placed makes it look like a rushed job. I'm mainly talking about the black here. I'd suggest choosing either black or light grey, not both - yes legs, I'm lookin' at YOU.Onto the build - what's going on with the arms and legs? The body is nicely compact and solid, whereas the limbs look like they've had pieces torn out of them. I'm not really sure why those Mata arms are sticking out of his gun arm like that, I'd try and build them in closer to the arms itself instead of leaving them dangling out like loose skin. The hands could be a lot bigger, I don't understand why you didn't stick with the MOC's obvious theme of ball-joints and use Metru-toran limbs or Hordika necks.The legs look very unfinished around the Mata torsos, and I'm sure you could cover up the gap with some more pieces (perhaps stemming from the Technic hands just above the torsos?).Also do us a favour and put some ball-joints in those empty sockets, they look rather lonely :(Cool figure, but it looks very much like a WIP and not a finished MOC. Give it a clean up (if you want to take some advice) and it could look freaking awesome.-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

• 2 weeks later...