Tahu Golda And Makuta

So yeah, just two MOCs of mine.EDIT: TAKANUVA ADDED! THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!EDIT 2: THE FUN (THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY DOUBLED) HAS BEEN DOUBLED! (Quadrupled?) Gresh and a modified Makuta have been added!TAHU GOLDATahu GoldaUnarmedGearbox detailThe gear system actually does support his arm in raised poses. The red ball connector on his neck provides friction for the gear, allowing his arm to stay in place without too much stress.And with a quick swap of parts...I never got an orange-shelled HF set, so I'm sorry for the lack of orangey goodness.Size ComparisonI regret nothing!BONUS 2002 BOHROK SWARMS EDITION OH MY GOSH THE EPICNESSMAKUTA 1.0So yeah, the Makuta. I guess It could be Teridax. Or Mutran. Anyone really. Just a generic Makuta I guess.Pootisspencerhere!Back detailHe does use a standard HF torso, and the chestplate is distended a unit outwards to allow for the green shoulder paddingArm detailBe lyin' if I said I wasn't proud of that simple, efficient arm. took ages to make, though.Moar size comparisonI'm just asking for trouble now, aren't I?MAKUTA 2.0"...The Shadow has arrived"Lee Tockar is such a great Teridax (and Steven Magnet...)Changes from the first version are hopefully obvious. I styled him with Makuta Teridax specifically in mind, and I even dug up my old Kraahkan. The green I kept for two reasons. One, It represents Antidermis so well, and two, I didn't have and more red HF shells. I also replaced his gun and blade with his traditional staff, and changed some black armor to gunmetal for a Makuta-y vibe.The awesome leg designConnection methodThis also took forever to figure out, but man, did it pay off in the end! I really love the look of it here, and I will probably use it more in the future.Staff connection methodSimple, but effective. It does, however, slightly damage the soft plastic of the BEn 10 hands, so use caution. I wouldn't recommend using it unless you really like those hands.TAKANUVATakanuvaNo witty name pun this time around, but I'm open to suggestions.Le BackLe shoulder connectionTherein lies the reasoning for the silver Taka. I originally wanted him to be gold, but I don't have that short HF piece in white, and that silver would clash with the gold somewhat (Ignore the staff, I get a free pass on that). Also, I wanted to use the white bars from my two Voldemorts, but I only have access to my HF parts, a couple Bionicle figures, and a small HP set. Deal with it. Heck, STARS Taka pulled it off. Maybe I'll make Gresh next...GRESHThe prophecies are true! "Toa" Gresh has been created!Behold!A bit of explanation for some of the choices I've made here: First off, there are no Metru Green HF shells, so that left only black as an acceptable substitute. Second, I didn't want Gresh to look too different from Tahu and Taka. Toa are based off of Glatorian, after all, and the whole team mechanic was played up with the STARS' advertising. Hence, Onua Mata's body. It does not, however, possess a gear function. They had to be similar, but not complete clones. I also placed the leg armor differently, gave him different shoulder armor, and gave him a thornax launcher. Plus, I was kinda out of gears.IdlePoseACTION SHOTS AND WHATNOTEnemiesHeroes of the MULight and ShadowBIONICLE STARS HEROES 2.0Parting group shotSo thats all I have for now. Questions? Comments? Complaints? Threats on my life? Brohoof?-Longcat is Long!

Edited by Longcat is Long!

I USED TO BE LONGCAT IS LONG!

tumblr_m42b4aGmdZ1qkibivo1_500.jpg
My Blog. Read it. Nao.

My Steam name is [TDC] Blitzkitteh, feel free to add me.

Tahu: Not much to say. I like the Hf armor on the limbs.Makuta: I like the arm and back designs. The green tubing also looks good. However, the seaweed pieces on the head do not really look good.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Okay, first off, the fact that you put Fluttershy in the second-last picture renders any criticism I have null and void. You're just that awesome. Anyway, Tahu looks good, but he's better without the gold armour. Could the lower leg armour be flipped to the front? I wouldn't know, I haven't bought any HF stuff so I would understand if it couldn't. The makuta is cool, I like his arm. You were right about how it blends simplicity and good looks. The ear things look sorta weird though.

Edited by High Voltage

Okay, first off, the fact that you put Fluttershy in the second-last picture renders any criticism I have null and void. You're just that awesome. Anyway, Tahu looks good, but he's better without the gold armour. Could the lower leg armour be flipped to the front? I wouldn't know, I haven't bought any HF stuff so I would understand if it couldn't. The makuta is cool, I like his arm. You were right about how it blends simplicity and good looks. The ear things look sorta weird though.

Tahu: Not much to say. I like the Hf armor on the limbs.Makuta: I like the arm and back designs. The green tubing also looks good. However, the seaweed pieces on the head do not really look good.

Thanks for the replies guys! About that leg armor, if it is flipped to the front it impedes foot poseability. I could substitute the Mata feet with 2.0 feet, but they're a bit big and the Mata feet pay better tribute. Personally, I like them turned that way to sort-of get the bell-bottom-y look Tahu Mata had going on.Yeah The ear things do look kind of strange, but trust me, the head looks stranger without them. I just wanted some sort of crest thing to top him off.Also, I whipped this up the other day. Don't feel like making another topic so I'll just leave this here and edit the main post.-Longcat is Long! Edited by Longcat is Long!

My Blog. Read it. Nao.

They're not particularly complicated, but they're pretty good. My first thought was "Why couldn't these be the stars sets?" because that Tahu is a far better tribute to the original, whilst still using modern parts. The same goes for Takanuva. Swap out the Makuta's mask for a particular Makuta's and that would be grand as well. Shame Lego didn't think of these things...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Oh, okay then, that's fine. I still think the seaweed looks a bit odd and I think it would look fine without, but I get what you're trying to do. I looked at the Makuta's back for the first time as well and I really like the design there. Takanuva looks good. Clever design for the shoulder armour, I really wish the Exo-force robot hands came in black though. Though I should probably take that up with LEGO, not you.

Huzzah! The main post has been updated! How many points do I receive? I like Luna <3

They're not particularly complicated, but they're pretty good. My first thought was "Why couldn't these be the stars sets?" because that Tahu is a far better tribute to the original, whilst still using modern parts. The same goes for Takanuva. Swap out the Makuta's mask for a particular Makuta's and that would be grand as well. Shame Lego didn't think of these things...

Thanks especially to you Taipu1 for inspiring the latest additions. Gresh has been added, and the generic Makuta has been transformed into Teridax. I was considering making this a project and updating all the STARS, but Nektann and Rahkshi would have color scheme issues with the HF shells. Only Skrall would be possible, but between Gresh and Makuta, I think i've had enough of the green/black combo for now.-Longcat is Long!

My Blog. Read it. Nao.

These are awesome. That last group shot is REALLY cool, with Teridax looking like some kind of awesome enforcer commando shadow ally dude. Too bad he isn't really... I love the claws, the Tahu... Pretty much everything. And the HF pieces work better than well here! The only one I'm not feeling so much is the generic Mak - Like everyone said, pulling the seaweed out of his head wouldn't hurt... oh wait... Also, at least from that view, the blaster thing didn't look too great. Just the chain with the spears (Dark Chain of Sharp Protrusions?) would suffice. And the glowing armor... Save that for a Mars Mission ETX tail. Honestly silver, plain or not, would look pretty cool there. I may be mistaking things and being over-critical (and that sword's way cool!), but... Just my opinion.

toatanusignature.png