Super Sentai

Hodor

So far, only seen all of Shinkenger (Even the Kamen Rider Decade episodes where they crossed over), 3 episodes of Dairanger (also great), and 3 episodes of Kakuranger (Love this one). Oh, and the first episode of Gokaiger, which was great. I wasn't expecting to, but I love Super Sentai now. In fact, I hope to cosplay one of the Kakurangers one day (Probably Sasuke or Jiraiya). I wanted to do either Shinken Green or Gold, but that'll be for the future, since the Kakurangers are probably a lot easier.Haven't seen Akibaranger, but it looks funny. I'm hoping they get a Ranger with a 'fro for a helmet. Actually...it would make my life if they introduce a male "Akiba Pink" and he has a 'fro helmet. Really, I just wanna see a Super Sentai series have a male Pink Ranger, and it would make my life. (And no, dudes using Pink Ranger keys doesn't count)

Edited by Shinken Green

---------------------------------------------------Links to fun stuff---------------------------------------------------

A story I wrote in 2016My sole BZPRPG character who has existed since 2016, but has done absolutely nothing, A fun little Cantonese earworm ft. Marina Sirtis, Some real nostalgia from 2003 BZPower

僕は青空になる。。。

We are Primus. We are Prima. We are Prime Nova. We are Sentinel Prime. We are Optimus Prime.

It's that thing from Japan that Power Rangers uses stock footage from, ain't it?

Mmhmm. You, sir, are correct.

---------------------------------------------------Links to fun stuff---------------------------------------------------

A story I wrote in 2016My sole BZPRPG character who has existed since 2016, but has done absolutely nothing, A fun little Cantonese earworm ft. Marina Sirtis, Some real nostalgia from 2003 BZPower

僕は青空になる。。。

We are Primus. We are Prima. We are Prime Nova. We are Sentinel Prime. We are Optimus Prime.

I really enjoy it, my favorites being Geki and Busters.I've seen, in full, Time, Deka, Geki, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai. Saw a few Akiba, tried Magi (lightheartedness made me stop), tried Gao (site was hard to watch on).I'm not enjoying Akiba, but I'm not someone the show is aimed at. I prefer the more serious styled shows than these jokes (I think I literally only laughed once within the first three Akiba. I'm behind; I want to see at least up to five for the sake of BureDayu's return, as I love Bladerun from Goseiger).Also, Gokaiger? I despise it. People keep loving it for the sake of fanservice, but it is the worst season I have ever seen. If someone really wants to know why I hate it (a season loved by so much of the fandom), I will copy/paste my explanations and clean up the language to accommodate. But I don't even consider it a season; it's pointless fanservice.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

I really enjoy it, my favorites being Geki and Busters.I've seen, in full, Time, Deka, Geki, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai. Saw a few Akiba, tried Magi (lightheartedness made me stop), tried Gao (site was hard to watch on).I'm not enjoying Akiba, but I'm not someone the show is aimed at. I prefer the more serious styled shows than these jokes (I think I literally only laughed once within the first three Akiba. I'm behind; I want to see at least up to five for the sake of BureDayu's return, as I love Bladerun from Goseiger).Also, Gokaiger? I despise it. People keep loving it for the sake of fanservice, but it is the worst season I have ever seen. If someone really wants to know why I hate it (a season loved by so much of the fandom), I will copy/paste my explanations and clean up the language to accommodate. But I don't even consider it a season; it's pointless fanservice.

I am kinda curious...why? I'm not defending it, or even taking sides. Just curious as to why you despise it so much. Just because of the "pointless fanservice"? Turning into past Rangers not your thing? Too much like Kamen Rider Decade? (I'm kinda kidding on that last one, though a lot of KR fans seem to hate that one. I'm guessing you're a KR fan from your avatar and sig?)

僕は青空になる。。。

I hate Decade.Anyway, here's what I said on another forum after the finale. I'm going into law enforcement, by the way:

Gokaiger finale.Waiting until the end to use Super Modes? "Pride" was the reason, wasn't it? You get curb stomped, so bring out Super Modes? Like against Basco? Of course not! But against the Emperor, sure. Why not? Especially since his only real thing was his durability.Pride is no excuse! If you die you have no pride. Survival instinct over pride. Seriously. If I'm in a situation and should have gun drawn, guy with knife, I decide, "No. I'm too proud. I'll go nightstick."I die. Was it worth it? No. Pride never beats out survival instinct.The Emperor. Sure, he can sit and fight from his throne, cool and all...but I hate it that they went that path. I'd rather have him have something else going for him and that's how he forged the Empire. Not much of a problem, since I'd say Basco and Damaras had him beat, heck, even his three bodyguards. I can live with durability, but his skill?Brings me to the third bodyguard. What was his point? I don't remember which forum I read this on, but I'm jumping in on the theory that they realized he was still alive and just killed him off in the finale, otherwise they had nobody for the other four to fight. He had no point; he could have been offed at any time. He had no real impact.Oh hey, looks like the characters are still one dimensional...did they really grow over the course of the series? No. Describe any of the characters in depth. Go on; you can only get words. Joe is "stoic", for instance. Can you go into much depth? Not really. People like to say the characters have depth, but they don't, not really. There's a great writeup on this on (insert forum name here I am omitting for obvious reasons) which I'll grab later.The Zangyack fleet losing? With so many ships, how did the Earth not burn faster? How did it survive? And how did the Gigant Horse destroy millions that fast? One would assume the ships were spread out over the planet, though, due to the sheer number. And did nobody realize, "Oh ****, I should take evasive action"? We know Gourmin can think and aren't just idiotic.Cameos. Nice, I guess one Dairanger didn't age, looks like GoGreen is still young (never saw the series, but he looks pretty young), never saw Go-Onger outside of attempting the Nigorl episode (I love his suit and wanted it in RPM very badly), but Miu has a fat face. I said it. And Houka is how I remember her from the four or so Magiranger episodes I watched before quitting due to the lightheartedness. And then we have AkaRanger at the very end. Awesome and something I truly enjoyed.Overall was Gokaiger good? If you like fanservice, sure. But I don't like fanservice. If I were asked, I wouldn't call Gokaiger a season. It's fanservice filling 51 episodes, not a season of 51 episodes. It was a weak series overall with attempted character development, but not very good overall. And the villains...they were a joke. I love good villains, like Gekiranger, like Goseiger (well, Bladerun). Maybe that's why I also don't care for Shinkenger that much, another fan favorite season. Strangely, I like Deka, but bias of course. It's a police season.How could it have been a good finale? Um...Insaarn actually did something instead of being a useless "point, shoot, make my monster grow" character? She was awesome at points, with that whip and stuff, then she goes down like a (I can't think of a word to sub here) and just dies when it sounds like she could possibly do something interesting. Oh, and Damaras getting Oiles's corpse? I guess it was just buried or something, but seriously? She could have staged a coup, become the final villain, made Mecha Giles (or something), been awesome (Damaras and Basco would be too obvious for final villains, after all). Damaras was interesting, his death ticks me off, though. He could have held on if he wasn't doomed to die by plot. Basco's death still irks me with how he went down rather easily in the end. In the end, only Basco was interesting. Oiles started to show some good development, then he dies. Barizorg was doomed to have none, of course.But the biggest problem is that the Zangyack became a joke so quickly. For a few episodes they were great, then what happened?Will I ever watch Gokaiger again? Probably Vs. Gavan (author's note: I didn't). Taisen (author's note: highly unlikely), if for no other reason than to see what a mess it is and hope for something good (oh, and Long is in it, and hopefully Narutaki's backstory, even if he is playing at being Doctor G, and they have a terrible version of the Kani Laser suit...). Will I ever watch episodes again? Episode 4 I have on DVD since I enjoy it, and the tease between Joe and Ahim (darn it, why the heck did you guys not follow up on this? The opening says "romance"!), and it's a good episode in all honesty. It's with Deka 37 on my DVD, so it's just favorite episodes.Gokaiger, overall, you get a C rank. Generously. Truthfully, D+.

There's more too, as that was just for the finale with a few notes thrown about. But most of my hate can be seen from this. The writing was kind of poor, with Zangyack especially. The characters honestly didn't get the development people like to think they did. They had backstories, sure, but development? I don't think so. Gai annoys me to no end.It was poor. It barely had a plot, it was meant to show off the history of the franchise. Sure, that's great and all, but a good plot could easily be worked in there. Decade (as I recall) was meant to be Tsukasa learning from the nine Riders before him, or something like that (or maybe that was just an early rumor). Gokaiger could have done something like that! You have them taking away lessons and stuff, sure, but it's jarring. For a few episodes, they're pirates. They don't care about Earth or Zangyack. They fight for contrived reasons. Suddenly they care. Sure, them learning the worth of Earth is a running idea through the series, I guess, but it just doesn't feel like it worked that well, for me, anyway.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg