Polaris

Control_Vee

So, this is a topic based on a drawing i did last night, scanned today, and finished off. I'm fairly proud of it, though there are a few kinks in it - namely on the arms - and i was debating on whether or not to make the upper side halves of the Faxon silver. Anywho, this is a sketch based off a combination of my MOC, Polaris, which is based off my comic character, Leraku. Or, at least, this is what i imagine he'd look like. And so, i decided to share it here. I sure hope you all like it.Click the thumbnail thar for the full image. vvvvvlerd3thumbnail.pngAs a side note, i tried to keep the picture set-based, as in i tried to get some bits to look like real LEGO parts. the Polaris MOC (which i may or may not showcase someday) is based off of the Inika build, since i haven't gotten any bionicles at all lately, and i haven't exactly been able to get my hands on too many actual sets. Besides, i like the Inika build.Enjoy.Trivia: The hardest part for me was reacreating the mask - the Faxon has given me endless times of issues trying to draw it. I have around five other scrapped drawings of Ler sitting in my sketchpad.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Sweet stuff, brother. I've fancied myself as a comic artist, and this deserves more attention than my work at least. Interesting how the parts are set-like, but flow into an organic look. Better than sprites any day.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Sweet stuff, brother. I've fancied myself as a comic artist, and this deserves more attention than my work at least. Interesting how the parts are set-like, but flow into an organic look. Better than sprites any day.

For starters - i actually use sprites pretty often, as seen in my comic, Dents, Dings and Disasters. Second of all, it took me about five and a half to seven hours total making this. Pretty worth it though, because i like it.Thanks for the positive review, though.

Sisen said:

Wow the drawing looks impressive, nice job. It has that animated Cartoonish look to it, and it works really well. Shading and everything looks good. Only thing that looks a little odd is how small the torso is. Other then that it looks really good.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Wow the drawing looks impressive, nice job. It has that animated Cartoonish look to it, and it works really well. Shading and everything looks good. Only thing that looks a little odd is how small the torso is. Other then that it looks really good.~Soran

Yes, the body was originally a bit thicker, but due to how unfortunately round it was shaped, i had to cut it out. I think this fits better though - Leraku is strong but slender. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said: