Giant Insects (Not Really)

16N1K4

It's been over 6 months since I've been on the forums, so let me show you what I've been doing.Here is my giant insect-beetle-thing: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/16n1k4/P3b/giant_insect.jpgAnd here is my giant strider-pond skater: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/16n1k4/P3b/giant_strider.jpgHope you like it!

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

They're very good and I can't see ant cons apart from picture quality. I'd gladly see more insects like these, I think you did an excellent job: they look highly... insectoid. Gah. So obvious. (-.-)"Whatever. Very good job, nice idea, cool quality, no flaws IMO, only con is picture quality: you earn an overall 9.8/10. Liked them very much and go on MOCing this way!

Beetle: the colors on this are really cool. Also, the wings are nicely designed and the whole thing looks like a real insect, which is good.Strider: the head is pretty neat. It's a bit simple but the legs are cool. However, you could replace the middle legs with something that could act as a leg and is a blackish color. It has a great color scheme but those legs don't seem to fit in.

pWPTu7m.jpg

They're very good and I can't see ant cons apart from picture quality. I'd gladly see more insects like these, I think you did an excellent job: they look highly... insectoid. Gah. So obvious. (-.-)"Whatever. Very good job, nice idea, cool quality, no flaws IMO, only con is picture quality: you earn an overall 9.8/10. Liked them very much and go on MOCing this way!
Thanks! I'll try to work on my photography skills.
Nice work! They really look like insects, just too bad the pictures are so blurry.I especially like the beetle like thingy.
Thank you! I'm not exactly a good photographer, and I'm not using state-of-the-art cameras.
Beetle: the colors on this are really cool. Also, the wings are nicely designed and the whole thing looks like a real insect, which is good.Strider: the head is pretty neat. It's a bit simple but the legs are cool. However, you could replace the middle legs with something that could act as a leg and is a blackish color. It has a great color scheme but those legs don't seem to fit in.
Noted. I'll try and find a suitable replacement for the middle legs.
The first one is actually really good but try to improve color scheme and make the second one a bit more less simple.
I don't usually build complex MOCs, but I'll give it a shot! :biggrin:

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog