This topic is for discussion about the Anthropomorphic world of Brian Jacques's Redwall. I've been a big fan of his books since I was 13... :P I was wondering if there are any other fans out there. *Unfortunately, Mr. Jacques passed away in February of this year, but he still managed to finish "The Rogue Crew" before he died. There's also rumors of a partially completed book called "Pondicherri" involving a hedgehog that was never released. It's unknown if it will be picked up by his son or another author. So yeah...Discuss... :)

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Ah, I remember reading Redwall. I have them all up to Eulalia, and I think I read Doomwyte but I never did anything after that. I'll probably get around to rereading them in a couple years.

@ Kothra: Doomwyte was ok... Sable Queen was good... Rogue crew took a very different route than the standard forumla, though. Otter Pirates, lol. @Lev: Pondicherri was mentioned on the news... I'll have to keep an eye out to see if there was another update. Personally, I hope another author picks up the series... I think it's one of those timeless tales that people of all ages can enjoy. Edited by Rausaro

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

I've read almost all of them. I enjoyed them for a while, but they started to get kind of repetitive in my eyes. I still enjoyed picking up Mossflower and re-reading it every once in a while. But now I'm giving them to one of my cousins (I forget how old he is, ten? Surely he can't be THAT old) and I hope he enjoys them. I hope his mom doesn't mind, they're kind of extremely violent. trololol

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

WE FINALLY HAVE A TOPIC FOR THIS I actually finished reading The Sable Quean today, starting The Rouge Crew tomorrow-ish. I own all 22(?) books, and I've read them all (except the last two) twice. Gotta love Redwall :D

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

WE FINALLY HAVE A TOPIC FOR THIS I actually finished reading The Sable Quean today, starting The Rouge Crew tomorrow-ish. I own all 22(?) books, and I've read them all (except the last two) twice. Gotta love Redwall :biggrin:

BZP had a topic and an RPG for Redwall since 2003. :huna:

I was really depressed when I found out he had died. I've read all of the books (except for his large print color children's books; I haven't been fortunate enough to find them at the library). My favorites are those with the badger lords. I've re-read most of the books at least three times. I even got my little sisters interested. At first, they were dubious because the books were so long. But they got hooked anyway :) Anyone else notice that his books have slowly gotten darker as the years have gone by? As I read The Rogue Crew, I kept thinking to myself, "That's deep. And dark. Whoa, that's kinda creepy." It's too be expected that an author's writings style will change over time, but I was just struck by this while I read The Rogue Crew.

My New Story Topic

Dynamics - my new epic. Chapter 1 up. "I am sorry for that, though I have never heard a smell called rude."

I was really depressed when I found out he had died. I've read all of the books (except for his large print color children's books; I haven't been fortunate enough to find them at the library). My favorites are those with the badger lords. I've re-read most of the books at least three times. I even got my little sisters interested. At first, they were dubious because the books were so long. But they got hooked anyway :) Anyone else notice that his books have slowly gotten darker as the years have gone by? As I read The Rogue Crew, I kept thinking to myself, "That's deep. And dark. Whoa, that's kinda creepy." It's too be expected that an author's writings style will change over time, but I was just struck by this while I read The Rogue Crew.

The Rogue Crew truly crossed the moral event Horizon. I found myself thinking of them as villains rather than heros. Sure, they're otters, but they weren't that far off from the way Folgrim lived (Legend of Luke).

Otters for me. And then I took the whole idea of otter people to sci-fi and have been going with that for years now, especially here in the CoT RPGs.So yeah without Redwall otters, I'd probably be something of a nobody here in CoT. Or something.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Otters for me. And then I took the whole idea of otter people to sci-fi and have been going with that for years now, especially here in the CoT RPGs. So yeah without Redwall otters, I'd probably be something of a nobody here in CoT. Or something.

Send me a link, lol. Pretty much the same here. I've wondered if it would be cool to have a North American or European mainland Redwall story.

I always loved the books, read them all the way up to Eulalia except High Rhulain. Btw Rasauro are you still planning a Redwall RPG?

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

New forum debut post!Yeeaah. Redwall's awesome. RPing it on BZP was just as awesome. Good memories. :) The books are kind of on a backburner for me, though; it's fairly low on my list of priorities but I do intend to read the lot.Jaques certainly did spin a yarn like no other; the utter charm in those books is unique. I mean, he even went into painstaking detail over recipes for goodness sake. The world shall surely miss him.

No moutarde? _██_
(ಠ_ృ

I always loved the books, read them all the way up to Eulalia except High Rhulain. Btw Rasauro are you still planning a Redwall RPG?

Yes, if I can get at least 5-6 people. I was working with Paharak Girl, Takuna, and some others on an RP over the summer. I'll try to put some of it up soon. Just not tonight... Got a bit to do still on college work. If you are interested... PM me a character bio. *** Takuna, have you tried the recipes? Hotroot Soup is quite good... I just need to find a way to spice it up. Curry didn't do the trick for me... I'm thinking Cayenne or Red? Edited by Rausaro

Ooh, I have the Redwall Cookbook. I've only tried a couple recipes but they were simple and delicious. Also I might be interested in a Redwall RPG.

So you're interested too? What recipes do you like, by the way?

My mom borrowed the cookbook from the library once. Then accodentally spilled something on it and kept it (pretty sure we got them a new one or something).Anyway we have shrimp and hotroot soup every once in a while. I don't remember what we put in it, but it still does not seem hot enough.I don't really think we've tried any of the other recipes.And I don't know if I would play in another RPG. I'll just watch where whatever you guys are doing and see if I feel like joining then.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Ooh, I have the Redwall Cookbook. I've only tried a couple recipes but they were simple and delicious. Also I might be interested in a Redwall RPG.

So you're interested too? What recipes do you like, by the way?
Tentative yes. Like I said I'd only tried a couple. I can't remember what exactly it was called, but my favorite was a rhubarb desert. Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I have most of the books up to Eulalia. However, I haven't read Eulalia itself yet, due to some unfavourable reviews, but if I ever have time I might read it, along with the rest of my Redwall collection. Is Doomwhyte any good? Or post-Eulalia, really.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

I have most of the books up to Eulalia. However, I haven't read Eulalia itself yet, due to some unfavourable reviews, but if I ever have time I might read it, along with the rest of my Redwall collection. Is Doomwhyte any good? Or post-Eulalia, really.

Eulalia is so-so. Doomwyte Involves another of Asmodeus's Spawn, along with tons of Ravens, magpies, and crows... Sable Queen is a tragic story, and Rogue Crew is quite interesting.