Scroll Of Preparations

So there's this list that the Great Beings had in case Mata Nui ever fell asleep, and it lists the steps to re-awaken him.1.Release the Bohrok swarms on Mata Nui.2.Retrieve the Staff of Artakha.3.Retrieve the Heart of the Visorak.4.Quell a series of active volcanoes in a chain of Southern Islands, including the island of Artidax.5.Look through the Great Telescope on Mata Nui and record the Red Star's location. However, I don't understand what the Heart of the Visorak and the volcanoes have anything to do with rebooting the Great Spirit Robot. Yeah, I know that the volcano thing was to save the life of Miserix, but what does this have to do with the robot itself? Same goes for the Heart of the Visorak. And how did the Great Beings know about the Visorak before they existed?

Let's see...Miserix needed to be returned to his rightful position as leader of the Brotherhood so that the organization could continue serving Mata Nui, and the Visorak needed to be gathered so that they could be wiped out. Also, maybe it was Velika Dweller Kazi the hidden GB, who would most definitely know.

aouROFb.png

The volcanoes were probably part of the machinery and necessary to be shut down for a "reboot" of the Great Spirit's system and saving Miserix was just a side effect.The problem is that the Great Beings (I'm not entirely sure if it was them who created the scroll) actually couldn't be able to know that Miserix would be on Artidax. Even more confusing, the Visorak were created by Chirox after the Great Spirit had left Spherus Magna, so how did they even know the Heart of the Visorak would even exist? :???:This actually gives me an idea: What if the scroll was actually created by the Great Being that was hiding in the MU?

Edited by Vote Saxon

"The drums are coming closer"

This actually gives me an idea: What if the scroll was actually created by the Great Being that was hiding in the MU?
That's possible.We should also keep in mind the role of destiny. Not sure how that would explain this, but perhaps they were aware of the possibility of the making of harmful creatures that would be attracted by a certain signal so they could be destroyed, without knowing all the details of the Visorak. I do agree it seems contradictory though. But I vaguely remember assuming it was the Order that had written, or perhaps updated, the scroll, when I first read it.Edit: The text from the Gali Nuva Blog (emphasis mine):
After our rescue by the Matoran resistance on Voya Nui, I thought we would surely join the Toa Inika in seeking the Mask of Life. But Axonn and Botar took us aside and told us that the time had come to prepare the universe for the awakening of Mata Nui. If the Inika succeeded in their mission, and save the Great Spirit’s life, the time will be ripe for us to fulfill our mission - to awaken Mata Nui and restore light to the universe.To do that, we had to first return to Metru Nui, at least according to Axonn. The Great Temple, he said, hid information on what we had to do to make ready for Mata Nui’s return. We had to find that information and carry out whatever tasks are required, and get it done before it is our time to act. We could not tell anyone, not even the Inika what we were going to do - for if the Brotherhood of Makuta were to find out, they would surely try to destroy us. (I am surprised they have not done that already…)At last, after so long and so many battles, we have begun the mission we exist to do. If we succeed, we will have helped save a universe from evil. If we fail… well, it may be that not even the Great Beings can save us if we fail. Chapter 2Even as I pause to write down my memories of recent events, I find it hard to believe we Toa Nuva have done what we have done.The information we found in the Great Temple of Metru Nui was in the form of a list. Each item on it was an action we were supposed to take to prepare the universe for the return of the Great Spirit. But the first item on that list was to free the monstrous Bahrag and unleash the Bohrok swarms on the island of Mata Nui!Although some of us doubted the wisdom of this - Pohatu especially - in the end, we did what seemed we had to do. Even now, I imagine the swarms are descending on the island above, burning, wrecking, and destroying. I do not know how this can be a good thing, or part of the Great Spirit’s plan.
That last line combined with the Order's knowledge of this implies that it is actually Mata Nui's list, or compiled by the Order both from orders from Mata Nui and other major things they believed needed to be done. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, the Heart of the Visorak is probably so a species of pure evil could be wiped from the MU. You know, summon them to you and then kill them all. Not sure how you would do that, but whatevs. It could also be so that evil beings couldn't control such a powerful force. Miserix needed to live so that the BoM could continue making Rahi for the MU. The Spherus Magna thing not known yet.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.