Elitha

I posted a topic similar to this years ago when I was on the old BZPower. After improving on the MOC, I've decided to post again, this time with the improved version.A while back, I took one of the Ignika masks from Toa Ignika. However, the mask was crooked due to a mismold, After replacing the mask, I took the old one and made it jet black, like how it was supposed to appear at the end of its countdown. I took it further by making the mask appear rusted.After that, I wanted to create a character to wear the mask. And thus, Elitha was born.Here is the original version of her. And before you say anything, yes, I know. Her colors are awful. But I eventually corrected that. The reason for her color scheme lies in her origin.http://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4285.jpgWing spanhttp://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4288.jpgHere is a picture of the mask, which I've named as "The Mask of Death."http://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4289.jpgSize comparisonhttp://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4394.jpgNow we move on to her current incarnation. This is what she looks like now, after I decided to fix her up.http://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4926.jpgVersion 2 Wing Spanhttp://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4929.jpgGeared for attackhttp://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4928.jpgMatoran Elithahttp://www.brickshel...ha/dscf4932.jpgYup. Matoran Elitha. Long story short, she was a Matoran crafter and inventor who was captured by the Brotherhood of Makuta and ordered to create a mask of great power. After going insane and succeeding, she tried to get back at them, but her plan failed and she was brutally injured until her creation, acting out of self-preservation, saved her and turned her into what she currently is. She is now the mask, and the mask is now her. Seeing as the Makuta were what she and the mask encountered, her new form is loosely based off that of a Makuta. As an added bonus, she can shapeshift just as they do, as well as take on a "spirit form" (explained below).In her original incarnation she had a scissor scythe and a flame shield. Now that she's been improved, a lot of her armor has been changed and her flame shield is now an arm shield.The Mask of Death, meant to be the polar opposite of the Mask of Life, can work the same way. However, Elitha chooses to use it malevolently. Elitha can use the mask for basic purpose such as healing herself, but she can't fully use it. Never the less, she can still be dangerous.(Unlike Toa Ignika, she's not a spirit of the mask, she's an actual user of the mask. The mask doesn't have a consciousness like the Ignika does, it has a limited one. Otherwise Elitha is the one calling all the shots. She can however retreat into the mask, giving the illusion of being a spirit).Elitha has appeared in a lot of my written works, sometimes as either an antagonist or even protagonist/anti-hero. She's known for being very brilliant and manipulative. She's used her powers to control others like puppets. She isn't so much as being an evil villain as she is more misguided and hurt. Never the less, she has displayed malevolent qualities and done villainous things.Among fans of my writing style, she's more well-known for appearing my my Bionicle/ Legend of Zelda cross-over as the equivalent of Majora/Majora's Mask. She appeared in a short-lived spin-off that I never finished as the protagonist. I once planned to write an epic to explain her past life but plans for that are cancelled.

Edited by ShadowBionics

I really like the body design, and the weapons are also cool. However, I don't really like the Vahki staffs as wings. Overall nice job.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I like this in a lot of ways but in other ways I dislike it. I really like her mask and she is nicely designed. The vahki staffs are something that don't really look that good. They aren't terrible, the just don't fit. The body is good apart from the shoulder regions which look very bare when compared to the rest of her. And her neck is kinda long, a avtoran head might look better if you have any. As for her matoran form, there isn't much to say. It's the average build. I think that it would look better with a mata blue body, like the one on berix or whatever it was. If you don't have him though, then it's fine.

I like the colour scheme. The mixing of HF armor and bionicle torso work well here. I LOVE that black Ignika. It's painted evenly and it looks like it could be manafactured by TLG. The left weapon could use a little more thought for me. It looks like it could need some work. That staff fits nicely with the Moc however. And I would like to agree on how those Vahki staffs don't look well as wings. Nice job on this. ^_^~Gravity

great use of the hero factory parts with bionicle/technic parts, especially 2.0 parts!.

All righty then... Thank you for all your comments and criticism, everyone. I've looked over a lot of what you said and I do agree with a lot of you.For those who didn't think the wings looked right, you aren't the only one. However, I'm honestly not sure what else to use for wings. I know say Hahli Mahri's fins/wings would be one notable example, but I mean those are really hers. So I'm lost on that one. So yes, I do agree with you, but I'm not too sure what other parts could work, unless anyone has a suggestion. If anyone does, I am ready and listening.I'm glad that some of you like how the HF and Bionicle pieces work well. This was the first MOC I've ever made to blend pieces from both lines together (Others I've made prior are mostly Technic-Bionicle). I was very impressed with the HF 2.0 building style and I wanted to try to work with it. @FF Ice Master: Thank you. For the arms, I thought about using her original arms (from the Mk I version), but then those were out of proportion. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure what to do with the arms, so the result was the somewhat shorter arms.@High Voltage: Yeah, and I do agree with you. This is actually the third time modifying the MOC (the second one I don't picture because I honestly thought it looked very bad, it was an "in-between" from the first and current) and yet I'm still not fully satisfied. I do agree on the wings, but I'm unsure about what other parts I could use as a substitute. For the shoulder regions, I did have some armor for that, but due to how it limited arm movement, I omitted that. One option I thought were possibly some Bohrok eyes colored in to match the scheme, but that I'm not so sure about just yet.For the Matoran build, while I do have Berix, I'm somewhat nervous on taking him apart. Plus I actually don't know where I've left him... So I used parts from a spare Metus and Takanuva. @Gravity Caiox: Yes, I agree that the Vahki staff pieces don't work well for wings, and I'm not too sure on what other options I might have to substitute. I'm very glad you like the look of it. The mask was the first thing I made using a mix of various paints, I'm very glad to hear you like it. For the left weapon, the "shield," I wanted something to replace the "flame shield" used on the first incarnation, yet try and keep the "staff and shield" look.