Pearl Dark Grey Hau

CeeCee

Hey guys. A good few years back I was having a holiday in France. They were selling really old Bionicles from like 2001 and 2002. They also still did those bags where you got some masks and a Krana. Im sure you all remember them.Any way i ended up getting a Pearl dark grey Hau. Same colour as Makutas amour. I didnt think much of it at the time but jnow all these years later i try and find it in the internet and there are no traces of it.By the way it wasn't the infected HauAlso I wish I could take a picture but the mask is long gone thrown way now at the great downfall of my first collection, where only the Toa Nuva survived. Any way, can any one help me with this. Was I actually in possession of a really rare mask or is it nothing special at all.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

That mask, along with the other gunmetal/silver Great masks, were sold in either the mask packs of '01 or the Krana packs of '02 (not sure which). There's some confusion as to what the "official" color of the masks are - they're listed on Bricklink under both Metallic Silver and Pearl Dark Gray - but I believe they're all the same. They tend to sell for around $1-3.

Q2TtLEz.png

That mask, along with the other gunmetal/silver Great masks, were sold in either the mask packs of '01 or the Krana packs of '02 (not sure which). There's some confusion as to what the "official" color of the masks are - they're listed on Bricklink under both Metallic Silver and Pearl Dark Gray - but I believe they're all the same. They tend to sell for around $1-3.
Thanks man

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

They were from the Krana packs, and represented the Gold and Silver Masks. Technically, the colors of those masks were "Yellow Flip-Flop" and "Silver Flip-Flop". The Copper Masks were "Red Flip-Flop". It seems that "Flip-Flop" refers to the quality of these masks whereby they appear opaque when lit from the front but appear transparent when backlit.Bricklink is typically a pretty poor color resource, particularly for rarer colors like these which it typically lumps in with other colors. There have been two "Pearl Dark Gray" colors: the old Dark Grey Metallic (used until late 2010) and the newer Titanium Metallic (used from 2011 onward). Even more colors are lumped under "Metallic Silver" or "Flat Silver". There's no perfect LEGO color resource out there, although you could always ask my brother Aanchir, who I got most of this information from. The other valid option is to use LEGO's own customer service system for issuing replacement parts, but while generally accurate it is also woefully incomplete, and never has parts listed for sets like the Kanohi or Krana packs, the contents of which varied.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother