LEGO Modular Buildings

Meiko

Recently I've been building my Modular Buildings, and I thought they could have some good discussion here on BZPower. I guess talk about new ones when they come out, or state ideas of what would make good future modular buildings. So... let the discussion begin! :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'd like to see them do something really intricate and different, like the Unisphere or something.
My gosh, that would be intense, but difficult. It also wouldn't fit too well as a city block. It could potentially work as it's own block, but the set would probably cost a ton. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I bought the Market Place set a few years ago. It's a cool set. I've used it as bookends several times over the years, haha. Since being reunited with a portion of my Lego collection I've built another building in the modular style and currently have a small street for my Avengers sets to do epic battle.All said, I kinda would like another modular set. Sadly, financial priorities don't permit such a purchase.Shame, really.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I bought the Market Place set a few years ago. It's a cool set. I've used it as bookends several times over the years, haha. Since being reunited with a portion of my Lego collection I've built another building in the modular style and currently have a small street for my Avengers sets to do epic battle.All said, I kinda would like another modular set. Sadly, financial priorities don't permit such a purchase.Shame, really.
Creative use of them as bookends. :P I wish the Market Street to get a hold of. That's the only one (besides the new Town Hall) that I don't own.Thankfully, I picked just about all of mine while they were on sale at the LEGO stores during BrickFair.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I think they should make some new buildings such as museums, bookstores, and parks. Buildings that are larger than just one module would allow for bigger and more detailed creations.
Unfortunately, they'd also be massively expensive. The normal modular buildings run you around $150, and the Town Hall costs $180. The modular buildings are already well-outside the price point of many Lego fans, and doubling a building's footprint might very well double its price, as well.I do, however, second the call for a museum, or a bookstore/library.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think they should make some new buildings such as museums, bookstores, and parks. Buildings that are larger than just one module would allow for bigger and more detailed creations.
Unfortunately, they'd also be massively expensive. The normal modular buildings run you around $150, and the Town Hall costs $180. The modular buildings are already well-outside the price point of many Lego fans, and doubling a building's footprint might very well double its price, as well.I do, however, second the call for a museum, or a bookstore/library.
Actually, a park with twice the footprint of the standard modular building could work at the normal price point, since it doesn't have to be built so tall, therefore reducing the piece count a bit.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick