Filtered Words

ZOMBI3S

I am currently writing an epic, and while the content of my story can be considered 'mature' at times, I by no means use any foul language in it. However, as I have posted, I've found that some words I had not expected are filtered, even though I do not mean them in any offensive way. For example: "The rock responded with a ***sudden movement*** that almost ripped his weapon from his hand." Only ***sudden movement*** was replaced with a word that is common in name calling (starts with a J....ends with a K.....)Anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible to receive a list of filtered words so I can avoid them while writing, just so my readers don't have to come across a '####' every once and a while due a filtered word I am not aware of. If this isn't possible, I understand (bzpower security and whatnot), but i was just wondering. Feel free PM me if you need contact information outside of this website.

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

That wouldn't be possible via BZP considering the words are always filtered. I would just try using other words in place of the ones that are filtered.-RezEDIT: An alternative, is if you think a word is filtered, or want to see if it is, just type it in, click the "Preview Post" button, and it will be show you whether it's filtered or not.

Edited by Reznas

Well, there's ####, and ####, and also ####, though saying cool dude isn't out of the question either. Oh, and don't say #### while you're at it.But in all honesty, I don;t think we can actually tell you without bypassing the filter, which is against our rules in the first place. I know at least one other semi-casual insult is filtered, though you'll just have to discover these on your own like the rest of us.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

But in all honesty, I don;t think we can actually tell you without bypassing the filter, which is against our rules in the first place.
That is one of the best redundancies of this place. I'm not knocking the need for the filter, but because this roundabout loop appears in so many places, it's very difficult to get an open dialogue on it.Anyhow, they've said for a while that they're working on changing some things in the filter, so hopefully this is one of those things that maybe gets some more scrutinizing. This word in particular is somewhat negligible, since it's easy to work it, but I definitely get the frustration of not being able to use it for general purposes. Time will tell what gets changed.

Haha I realize that its probably not possible to get a list here on the forums, but I was thinking maybe an email or something? Would that break bzp privacy/security rules or anything?
Technically speaking, no. It doesn't break any rules. However, it would be easier just to find out on your own, in my opinion. There are only a few slightly insulting words such as the one you told us about that are filtered. It shouldn't be hard to find out which ones.-Rez Edited by Reznas

Yeah, in short, Kakaru and Reznas are correct. You could try emailing Black Six at Andrew@bzpower.com, but I wouldn't get your hopes up (if you were able to get a list, though, it'd have to be from him -- I can't send you the list, sorry). Your best bet is to just go with what Reznas said, though: preview your post before you post it, and then make edits as necessary. =] We are definitely working on the word filter, but I can't tell you which words are being removed/kept (I honestly don't know myself, completely), nor can I give you a time frame for when it will be completed, unfortunately, because I don't know. Hope that answers your question. As always, feel free to PM myself or another Q&A staff if you have any follow-up questions. =] Question answered; topic closed.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender