How fast can bionicle beings heal

How fast do beings like toa and matoran heal normally and does water accelerate healing or is it that toa of water have healing powers

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

I thought in Bionicle: Mask of Light Gali used her power to heal Tahu, but now that I remember I think she had help from Lewa, and another -- Kopaka I think. Maybe, just as six elemental powers combined can create a Toa Seal, two or three combined can turn into healing energy? Though considering their organics don't function exactly as natural ones, perhaps water does greatly accelerate the healing process.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think it's a play on the "water is the stuff of life" idea.Also, I recall that the Toa Metru used a certain amount of elemental energy in a water sphere to heal an Ash Bear, so I think that water + elemental energy = healing. In Gali's case, I would imagine that it was entirely water elemental energy, unless the efforts of Lewa and Kopaka's swords did more than just fry Tahu and make him miserable.

As far as normal healing goes, it definitely varies from species to species. However, judging from the permanence (or lack thereof) seen in wounds in Bionicle, we can conclude that organic tissue can and will mend itself if given enough time (as likely as not, this is the same amount of time it takes for a human wound to heal, minus some time since injuries on organics tend to be more minor). Armor doesn't heal, at least as far as I can tell, without some sort of Mask of Healing or Regeneration effect. Obviously, the aforementioned Mask of Healing would greatly decrease healing time as well.BS01 confirms that Toa of Water can channel the healing energies of their and others' Toa Power. This seems to be the reason that all of the Toa's elements are collected in the Toa of Water's water sphere or whatever, then allowed to heal (as seen in Mask of Light, as well as Adventures #7).

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

It is the Toa of Water that have healing powers. Water itself would not be able to heal an injury.
Actually, in MOL, Tahu was suffering from a poisonous liquid. Water very well might be able to draw most it out of him, while air and ice might be able to disrupt the solid parts of the poison (assuming it's like a solution of particles in a liquid).IMO it's basically like a special combo element. Just as sand + fire makes glass, or water + air can summon a storm, water plus various other elements has an optional combo of healing. It might not be physical, but then in real life we use liquid medicines, so it may be an adaptive physical system. :shrugs:Or it may simply be a conversion of other energies into life energy, which itself may have properties. Say for example that Tahu cannot generate enough life energy himself to overpower the poison, and it slowly drains his current energy, as well as, in this case, psychologically preventing him from eating, etc. But an infusion of enough extra life energy might neutralize the poison. This would especially work under my cyberclay theory; life energy would act like a "be good" code, overriding the "be bad" code in the poison's protodermis molecules.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I am pretty sure that Lewa used Tahu's sword, so I thought that they used fire and ice to drain Tahu's strength (by say frying him) so he couldn't fight the against the healing.Now so I have something to add. Gali used elemental water to cleanse the poison/rage, I don't know if it actually heals wounds (I don't remember if it healed Tahu's cut). That's one theory anyways. :kaukaunu:

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

I am pretty sure that Lewa used Tahu's sword, so I thought that they used fire and ice to drain Tahu's strength (by say frying him) so he couldn't fight the against the healing.
No, no, a major rule in Bionicle established right in Comic #1 is that the elemental power is in the Toa; the Tools are just the focus. Lewa using Tahu's sword is the same as Lewa using Lewa's Katanas -- he can only use air.Not really sure why they used his sword (if they did, I don't recall for sure). Perhaps there is some personal connection with Tools you use for a while that aided the healing, but there's not really any evidence of that besides that scene, far as I know.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

When the water passed over Tahu in the movie, it did heal his cuts (I'm almost positive). So maybe it was some sort of elemental combination that causes protodermis to regenerate.And Toa Energy has to be combined with elemental Water to be used for healing? I thought it could be used for healing directly. Or are we just talking about elemental powers here?

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

In regards to the "water healing" thing:

BS01 confirms that Toa of Water can channel the healing energies of their and others' Toa Power. This seems to be the reason that all of the Toa's elements are collected in the Toa of Water's water sphere or whatever, then allowed to heal (as seen in Mask of Light, as well as Adventures #7).

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

An interesting thing on the movie even though Lewa was using Tahu's sword it still glowed red, maybe it was just artistic licence that Tahu's sword had elemental power in it.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

An interesting thing on the movie even though Lewa was using Tahu's sword it still glowed red, maybe it was just artistic licence that Tahu's sword had elemental power in it.
Or maybe Tahu was triggering his own power in response to the wind and the ice. I mean, the sword's on him, and wind plus ice probably was...cold.